Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a k20z1 in an eg, and the oil pan sits so low that i have cracked it twice... i was looking to see if there is a custom oil pan out there that doesnt sit so low, or at least one made out of something other then cast aluminum. please if u have seen something out there let me kno. thanx

·
K24 USDM EG
26,856 Posts
see if you can get a ep3 oil pan its steel i believe. but as far as aftermarket...i dont know never looked. id say just raise it up a bit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the info, and i am raising it a lil bit, but i live in nj and these pot holes are ridiculous lol

·
K24 USDM EG
26,856 Posts
thanx for the info, and i am raising it a lil bit, but i live in nj and these pot holes are ridiculous lol
yeah i love my car slammed thats why i dont daily drive it. im getting a rsx oil pan so ill have my steel ep3 pan up for sale if you want it.

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
There is another member here that says the NJ roads are bad. I would suggest a TSX, or any steel pan. They don't break, they're about $30, and they sit higher.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is another member here that says the NJ roads are bad. I would suggest a TSX, or any steel pan. They don't break, they're about $30, and they sit higher.
thanx for all the great info, im checking that tsx pan out asap 2maro:cool:

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
Check the part number for the TSX pan and then cross reference the CRV, Accord, and Element to see if they are the same price.

·
Registered
87 Posts
using an accord steel pan, sits higher and doesnt crack but BEWARE

*** it sit really close to the oil sump, check you oil light if you ever hit the oil pan... i have closed the gap before and lost oil pressure***

·
K24 USDM EG
26,856 Posts
using an accord steel pan, sits higher and doesnt crack but BEWARE

*** it sit really close to the oil sump, check you oil light if you ever hit the oil pan... i have closed the gap before and lost oil pressure***
that was my next question or guess that would possibly happen. that would suck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was wondering that, so I guess the pan smash enough to loose oil pressure...

What about putting somthing to reinforce the surrounding area?
well i would like 2 say thanks 2 K20, i just installed the accord steel oil pan, it sits about a milimeter higher lol, and i raised my car:mad:, but i have way more clearence now. i will be building a custom scatter shield some time soon:up:, and the tsx pan doesnt fit perfectly, so i just used the accord pan like u all said. but wat about the car losing pressure?? u smashed the pan near the oil pump??? how severe of a smash did u take???

·
Registered
87 Posts
it was over a period of time. i noticed my vtec started sputtering on and off but my oil light wasnt on.

then i hit it pretty good one day and it came on, pulled the pan and i left the sumps imprint on the oil pan. So now i drive like a grandma unless i know the road.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
For all of you that are interested, I have a skid plate that I made in the past for people that have his problem.

If we get a few people interested in them, I can make a few at the same time.

Stefan

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For all of you that are interested, I have a skid plate that I made in the past for people that have his problem.

If we get a few people interested in them, I can make a few at the same time.

Stefan
im intersted as well, pics would be great. also, how much?:up::up:

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
Why everone bitin' nails over the oilpan? If you have a lowered car there is a good chance you'll crack the pan. If you put a steel pan it'll give the same car more clearence (not a cuppla' MM's as stated a few posts' up) and all will be well. My civic (see sig) has done 10's of thousands of miles including washboard and gravel.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why everone bitin' nails over the oilpan? If you have a lowered car there is a good chance you'll crack the pan. If you put a steel pan it'll give the same car more clearence (not a cuppla' MM's as stated a few posts' up) and all will be well. My civic (see sig) has done 10's of thousands of miles including washboard and gravel.
biting nails??? i asked a question and got some good answers from people, and then the 1 ignorant person had to come up with ''if u have a lowered car theres a good chance u will crack the pan" no kidding, hence the exact point of this thread. and i dont know which steel pan u are using, but the 1 off of an accord is almost the same size as the one off of a k20z1, about 2 milimeters to be exact. Thanx for the input tho....:hammer:

·
Registered
938 Posts
stiffen up your suspension.

it will cost you less in the long run.

you cant possibly know where all the bumps and dips are on all the roads.

i'd rather have a stiff, road racing like suspension daily driven than a car i cannot daily drive because a crack caused oil to leak which eventually caused my engine to go.

what mounts, chassis, suspension setup, etc do you have?

even just running max tire pressure will keep your suspension from bottoming out in some cases.

and if you have coilovers already, well..you know what to do..lol

you can also get eibach to custom make you stiffer springs up front for your current coilovers, they just need the size/dimensions of the spring that's currently on there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts