Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be a stupid question is the k swap worth it. i have a friend of mine who is trying to convince me to go b-series turbo. his hatch is quick ass hell. but i wanna k swap. basically can a kswap beat his ass i have a eg hatch as well help me decide:(

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Re: IS the k-series worth it

this might be a stupid question is the k swap worth it. i have a friend of mine who is trying to convince me to go b-series turbo. his hatch is quick ass hell. but i wanna k swap. basically can a kswap beat his ass i have a eg hatch as well help me decide:(
No, he will win.

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,373 Posts

i know i regret dropping a k in my car and beatin on B series turbos. i wish i still was still b :(

winning is overrated.....

·
Registered
174 Posts

I wouldnt say I regret it because now basically my civic can hang with the big boys(v8's and shit) but it did cost alot of money and if not done right can be a very costly project. I rarely drive mine and I never really race. I just find myself hitting 8k alot just to enjoy it but sometimes its not enough.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
......... i have a friend of mine who is trying to convince me to go b-series turbo..........
He's really not your friend........:eek:
Hate to break it to ya.......

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
k is the way man

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
do you really feel you will get an honest answer on this forum!?

of course all of us, K series car and swap owners, are going to tell you to get a K.

also, if you have to ask, then you probably shouldnt. you arent ready for its awesomeness

·
Premium Member
10,395 Posts
ima say yea, no timing belt, no dizzy to mess with, engine management is simple easy to use. responds very nicly to bolt ons. i wouldn't rock any other honda motor in my car.

·
JDM KING/K20a Supporter
30,257 Posts
Well, just for the records... ... ... K all the way...!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
203 Posts
No man just go B16 turbo you will have more fun
K's are to expensive
overrated
and 2 time consuming
Actually... Just get a GT Mustang