Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I was just looking for some help I am new to all this it is my first ever swap so I was just wondering off the things I’ve heard/read online I need to swap the k24a4 pistons but not too sure why I was wondering if I was able to just get everything else for the swap and not need to change pistons because I have also read online if I am gonna swap pistons getting OEM tsx pistons would be a better way if I am going for a budget build because I heard you don’t need to change the rods just the pistons any information y’all can give me about the swap and your experiences would be really appreciate

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,013 Posts
the k24a4 pistons but not too sure why
Just in case you mount a performance VTEC head (K20A, K20A2, K20Z1, K20Z3, K20Z4, ...) on it, as the combination of higher piston height and lower squish height will give you a cold formed headache. If you use just stock head, crank drive and block, there is no need to do so.

·
Banned
1 Posts
hey I was just looking for some help I am new to all this it is my first ever swap so I was just wondering off the things I’ve heard/read online I need to swap the k24a4 pistons but not too sure why I was wondering if I was able to just get everything else for the swap and not need to change pistons because I have also read online if I am gonna swap pistons getting OEM tsx pistons would be a better way if I am going for a budget build because I heard you don’t need to change the rods just the pistons any information y’all can give me about the swap and your experiences would be really appreciate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts