Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill start with yes I asked Colin to test the manifold, I like Colin was curious to see results. Also, with the old WCF rules I wasn't allowed to use ITB till recent rule change. Another reason why I wanted to test a manifold and see actual results first hand not through the internet.

I can't believe that Colin has gotten so much shit from you guys and the bashing I got in the supporter forum. I am a racer (spent my money to test manifold and buy tb to test it) and am always looking to make more power(with the # Tim and Loan were putting up wouldn't you?)
After tuning my car on the ITBs i had two options build a custom box for the ITB or test a manifold. I had heard back and forth Manifold makes more no ITB do, so I tested for myself(thanks to colin).

The reason I didn't post anything is because again I am a racer and we don't share all our results, we show them at the track. I had all intentions of telling people after the last race of the season(WCF), but again I am a ass for not sharing and hiding stuff.

Yes I ran 10's on the manifold, but it wasn't the whole factor to why. I would have gone 10's on the ITB, I just had problems with transmisions. I finally had a good one and was able to run decent #.

I never made it a secret that I had the manifold, if you ask Chris or Norris they new I had the manifold and tested it.

Yes I have my motor from ERL and Drag Cartel (yes jeremy wasn't happy but if it makes power use it, based on old WCF rules when I talked with him)

Funny part is you guys call them the enemy, if you only new half the truth. Yes it is great for the sport to have rivals and to talk a little shit. But does that mean we don't say whats up at the track and shit.

I will post results for you below so you guys stop bashing colin and stop bashing me for doing nothing wrong but wanting to go faster and see results for myself.

Last I can't believe you would think I would copy it and also to bring AFI into it when they did nothing and had nothing todo with any of the testing I did.

54mm ITB Red
90mm TB IPS Blue

Marc P

·
Registered
672 Posts
Re: The so much taked about IPS Manifold I tested

Not sure what most of the stuff about bashing and stuff was about, but thanks for results!

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,914 Posts

wow Marc P Glad to see someone test the manifold out unbiased on a k24! Great Numbers!!

·
Registered
21,787 Posts

It was not really bashing, but more like giving me shit. This was in a thread in the supporter forum. I didnt really mind though and I can understand why I got what I did. I would like to leave it there.

Marc, thanks for divulging this and doing the test. I appreciate it. ME. You did not need to be as supportive of me as you are though, but thank you. Im sure i'll be called a pussy now for crying to you about what I was called too.

thanks though.

-Col

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It was not really bashing, but more like giving me shit. This was in a thread in the supporter forum. I didnt really mind though and I can understand why I got what I did. I would like to leave it there.

Marc, thanks for divulging this and doing the test. I appreciate it. ME. You did not need to be as supportive of me as you are though, but thank you. Im sure i'll be called a pussy now for crying to you about what I was called too.

thanks though.

-Col
You didn't say anything about backing you up, I can read for my own eyes what they were saying (mainly Blaze). Who has never met me and still seems to have opinions about me:up:

Marc P

·
Registered
39,470 Posts

Thanks for the shout out Marc P. :up:

Congrats on breaking 10's. :dance: :D

·
Registered
3,778 Posts

Nice numbers what ITBs were these compared to?? Makes me feel good about wanting to buy one of these manifolds!!!

·
Registered
624 Posts

Great results. Thanks for sharing!

If it's not too much to ask, what size ITB's were you running snd what size TB on the manifold?

·
Registered
155 Posts

:up: to Marc P for testing the manifold and posting the results.

Kind of surprised the ITB's did that much better in the mid range and then flatlined on the top end. I would think it would be the opposite.

But again thaks for posting the results, independent testing is always nice to see and people shouldnt b!tch and complain about a person/company who is willing to take the time to do the testing and post the results for FREE.

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts

Marc nice #'s....congrats on 10's

Colin your still the best in my book....pussy :p

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts

Congrats Marc.... :up:

·
Registered
21,787 Posts

If you look in the FS section, Marc actually has them for sale....

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

marc p congrats on hitting 10's:up: care to talk about why you think the itb's did better in the midrange?

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,374 Posts

thanks for posting the results marc and congrats on 10s. should put an end to the controversy.

·
Registered
395 Posts

Congrats to you Marc for taking the time and money to do some testing...:up:, i dont think you need to explain anything,everybody always wants to make more power 1 way or another,and in your case you did and never hid it from anybody...

I give a big :up: to Marc P always quick to give advise when needed...

1 - 20 of 202 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.