·
Registered
2,736 Posts
i would say it depends on ur setup.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have my cousin saying that ITB's are way better than IPS manifold......and he still dont believe their better after seeing the graph so if someone can kindly explain why its better will b great or more than that ....helpful

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
someone please explain why IPS manifold is a little bit better than ITB's

·
Registered
178 Posts
LOL

It all depends on your set-up man. if you have a stock motor you can use an RBC and be happy. I wouldnt go and buy a huge intake setup if i dont the right parts to make it flow.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how about a port and polish head with skunk2 valvetrains.......cams i dont know yet bcuz we r debatin to make it street or jus track....we r most likely leanin on street...so please keep the comments coming

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
It all depends

do you have a good tuner?
If its going to be street is it going to be DD or just street driven once in a while?
Is your motor going to be fully built or just a few bolt ons?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well since i from new york ....there are more runs in the street than there is on the track that i or we know of,so with that said u can say its suppose to b a track car driven on the street ..is it smart? no but i aint gonna b the driver lolz......we are trying to see if we can hit 450+hp to the wheels all motor....thats why we are taking our time cuz money and waitin for parts here is a big issue

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
motor will b built from top to bottom and when it comes to tuning well we are thinkin between yosolo or jeff evans not that they know we are going to them but since it gonna take a while i says a yr or 2 we are taken our precious time

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
well since i from new york ....there are more runs in the street than there is on the track that i or we know of,so with that said u can say its suppose to b a track car driven on the street ..is it smart? no but i aint gonna b the driver lolz......we are trying to see if we can hit 450+hp to the wheels all motor....thats why we are taking our time cuz money and waitin for parts here is a big issue
Goodluck on [email protected] the wheels, I think thats even more than the top teams have.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LoLz.....well if someone can kindly explain to these idiots friends of mine that u cant .....thats what they believe...i told them with 300 we will b good but there are jus some people who have high dreams .....

·
Registered
672 Posts
Goodluck on [email protected] the wheels, I think thats even more than the top teams have.
IPS turn key NA build was 400whp. Makes you wonder what they have to race with if teams only divulge what their motors are capable of after the season has ended. They probably have something better kept secret. I wonder what the NA limit will be for K's.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IPS turn key NA build was 400whp. Makes you wonder what they have to race with if teams only divulge what their motors are capable of after the season has ended. They probably have something better kept secret. I wonder what the NA limit will be for K's.
thank you for that...even though that is IPS

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not really certain what you mean by that, but if you mean it's only for them I think by turn key it is pre-built ready for sale.
well all those parts in that motor is IPS and was tuned by them but......wats the odds of us making the same power bcuz it also comes down to how good is the tuner

·
Registered
672 Posts
well all those parts in that motor is IPS and was tuned by them but......wats the odds of us making the same power bcuz it also comes down to how good is the tuner
Very true even with the exact same build you may achieve different results. Especially since all the information about the build is not available.

I'm under the impression that the only difference between a skilled tuner and a novice is how much time is needed to achieve those results. What could only take them a hour because of knowledge and experience may take someone a week to do as much fine tuning and such. Since you said you'd take your precious time I would think you'd pay to maximize the power potential of the tune or if you do so yourself tune till you get it satisfactory. People on here say Jeff Evans is one hell of a tuner too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.