Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent about an hour on the dyno at Hybrid-Dynamics today. Most of my focus went into smoothing out the A/F. 80% of the map used for my final pull came from the IPS supplied basemap. Every IPS K2 dyno that I have seen has a convex rise from 5-6k. I uploaded the tuning map Jeff Evans did back in January with the K2s in my RSX(subpar block). Suprisingly, it made decent power. So I took the areas where the Evans tune made more power and pasted all the data onto the IPS basemap to form a composite map. The VTEC point was lowered to 5300. Notice the concave rise from 5-6k now?

I'm very satisfied with the end result. This was my first time tuning. I might leave the ignition and cam angles to the pros.

IPS basemap(Blue) vs Evans-Tuning(Red)

Composite Map

Mods:
K20A2
PTR Velocity Stack
RBC manifold
IPS K2 camshafts
Toda headgasket
DTR 4-2-1 header
Kteller 3" exhaust

Last night, the car went [email protected] with a 2.041 60' on BFG drag radials. Some guy let me borrow the BFGs and they were completely bald. I was hesitant to run them but more desperate for better traction.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
wow man let me be the first to congratulate you! i wish i was up to your point right now thats a great powerband you got there and timeslip as well! i got a couple questions since you sparked my interest greatly!

1) how is your exhaust comprimsed of? 3" straight to what kind of muffler and any resonators in between? if so what size/length and how many?

2) did you upgrade your valvetrain for the cams or have the oem stuff?

3) isnt your car yellow?

4) did you weight the car with/without you in it at the track? i need to use weight and power comparison to calcuate times, and what were you running when you didnt have the BFG's ?

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chameleon said:
wow man let me be the first to congratulate you! i wish i was up to your point right now thats a great powerband you got there and timeslip as well! i got a couple questions since you sparked my interest greatly!

1) how is your exhaust comprimsed of? 3" straight to what kind of muffler and any resonators in between? if so what size/length and how many?

2) did you upgrade your valvetrain for the cams or have the oem stuff?

3) isnt your car yellow?

4) did you weight the car with/without you in it at the track? i need to use weight and power comparison to calcuate times, and what were you running when you didnt have the BFG's ?
1) I am running the 3" exhaust and no muffler. There is a glasspack in the midpipe but it didn't help with the sound. I'll order a muffler shortly. The sound is obnoxiously loud. I wear earplugs.lol

2) OEM valvetrain specified by IPS

3) NO, teal/rust

4) I have never had the car weighed. My estimate would be 2200-2300lbs w/driver. My previous best was a 13.090 on 14" Falken Azenis. So I picked up .4sec just by switching tires.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
MJ23FE said:
Here is a video of mark's car against a Camaro SS with and SPL intake, Long tube headers and a 3" drop out.
First video is of the Camaro with the 270 lbs passenger.
Second video is of the hatch with the 270 lbs passenger.
Enjoy.
http://mj23fe.com/haggard-1.WMV
-Jalal
OMG!!!! fucking sick.

why did he lose second round???
that SS was faster or what??
maybe the k20a wasn't in right gear or what..?

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
:up: ohh snap didn't see that :confused:

I want more videos with a 100lbs passanger :dance:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just saw that Video .. you guys are having too much fun seriously! Im glad you guys are putting that header to its natural purpose to haul ASS! That powerband you guys have is just Insanely FAT! My Brother Danny has always told people a fat powerband will always yeild a better MPH then a peaky powerband and here is your proof... Good Job guys!

Bell

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
I would really want to see the car between both cars with just the drivers... maybe a chase car and another car parked along side the road... then edit the footage so that you see the winner clearly from both angles. Or, why not just an in car camera pod!
-Jalal

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.