Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, was jus wondering if anyone is running the ips-k2 cams on a stock motor with bolt-ons? looking into cams and wanted to know if they are "streetable", like are they extremly lobey or if they bogg alot under light throttle? was readin up on their website but wanted to get some real expierience info thanks

·
Premium Member
44,711 Posts
hey guys, was jus wondering if anyone is running the ips-k2 cams on a stock motor with bolt-ons? looking into cams and wanted to know if they are "streetable", like are they extremly lobey or if they bogg alot under light throttle? was readin up on their website but wanted to get some real expierience info thanks
Yes, they are streetable on a stock motor. Even on a 13.5 comp k24 they idle great.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
how much more power did you make over the stock cams with the ips k2 cams.
hard to answer that question since different bolt ons were used. the gains were significant.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i'm really curious about these cams too. I have a type -r motor and was wondering what the gains would be in the type r motor. if the gains would be significant.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
u should be able to gain a minimum of 10whp with those cams, up to about 20whp, on a stock bottom motor... results may vary

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to slightly jack the thread but saw no reason to start another thread.

Do the K2 mk III's give much more power over the other K2's? I'm looking at them because of their aparant 'nitrous ready' status but was wondering if there was any advantages?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Sorry to slightly jack the thread but saw no reason to start another thread.

Do the K2 mk III's give much more power over the other K2's? I'm looking at them because of their aparant 'nitrous ready' status but was wondering if there was any advantages?
The Mark III's are really designed for an all out fully prepped kind of motor...

from What I understand

They would be a great choice for a cammed, high revving, high compression, ported head type of setup.

They may still work OK for a more street type of setup, but thats not what they were designed for... Not sure what your plans are but the Mark II's may be a better choice

·
Registered
14 Posts
Planning to give a head a port and polish, supertech valve train. K24 Bottom end with a 2.6Ltr stroker kit, but probably only 12:5:1 compression, S2000 oil pump, etc, etc.

Pretty much a a fully built motor, definatly not a Daily driver. More of a weekend cruiser/strip racer.

Do the Mk III's only make power top end? I definately wouldn't want something that only made power from 6000rpm or something like that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You want a different cam, the K2 profiles are suited for motors around the 2.0 L displacement.
Any recomendations?

I was mainly drawn to the MK III because they were "nitrous ready" however I realize that might not mean alot because you're cams don't really suffer when spraying, Its mainly the rods and pistons I'll need to worry about.

I don't really mind If cams are really lumpy as long as they have a good midrange powerband. Otherwise It'll be just like my torqless B18C that doesn't move below 4000rpm :(

·
GREEK IPS SOLDIER
20 Posts
You want a different cam, the K2 profiles are suited for motors around the 2.0 L displacement.
Agreed pal....:up:
Just for the record,my ep3 with k2's,rbc IM,hytech hdr and stock block,delivered 235whp dynapack!

·
Premium Member
44,711 Posts
Any recomendations?

I was mainly drawn to the MK III because they were "nitrous ready" however I realize that might not mean alot because you're cams don't really suffer when spraying, Its mainly the rods and pistons I'll need to worry about.

I don't really mind If cams are really lumpy as long as they have a good midrange powerband. Otherwise It'll be just like my torqless B18C that doesn't move below 4000rpm :(
With the displacement you plan on having power before 4000 will not be a problem, even if you used stock cams.
I would get a set of KVX's.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
With the displacement you plan on having power before 4000 will not be a problem, even if you used stock cams.
I would get a set of KVX's.
Agreed :up:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks guys! :D Will look into these KVX's need to research them a bit. (which is hard when the search engine wont include words unless they are atleast four letters long :silly: )

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Here is a build Nikos is doin with the KXV's and a stroker kit similar to what you were talking about... he should have numbers soon

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey people i like a put cames ips k2 mark2 in my k20a2.i have my block stock and my question is,i now i need springs and retains supertech ,but i don´t now if i need pump oil,head gasket or anything more i don´t want my k20a2 make pummmm
need help please

1 - 20 of 36 Posts