Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Admin,

the Coffee Forum is flooded by bot related advertising, like here: Positive passing saliva test. My suggestion is to challenge those bots with an endurance and intelligent task. Let members to participate there at least with 25 posts in a technical section before they are allowed to post in the non-K-series stuff section like the coffee shop.

A support of that would be appreciated.
Markus

·
Registered
257 Posts
This spamming is too much for me. I am not just look how a longterm Honda site get spammed by spammers. Give me a Hammer or if this doesn't stopp, I will stay off K20a.org.
I am right there with you. I have been debating leaving the site (because of the spam) and right now this is the last straw. The user ronaldgreen has over 1,300 spam posts in the last 5 days and nothing has been done. I've reported a few of them and sent to admins but nothing has been done.

I have been a moderator on another forum for about 6 months now. Over that time I have banned one person and deleted maybe two spam posts. So why is this site so bad?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am right there with you. I have been debating leaving the site (because of the spam) and right now this is the last straw. The user ronaldgreen has over 1,300 spam posts in the last 5 days and nothing has been done. I've reported a few of them and sent to admins but nothing has been done.

I have been a moderator on another forum for about 6 months now. Over that time I have banned one person and deleted maybe two spam posts. So why is this site so bad?
It's like having a nice garden. If you don't care about the balance of your grown plants between useful, necessary and not necessary kinds you loose it because the winner will be allways that one who concentrates on growing only. Here the spam steals capacity on the servers regarding traffic and storage and is Safed in the same way as good content. This needs be moderated, needs a gardener. I learned a lot from the guys here, so I was willing to share my knowledge here too. But that a spammer get the same right to publish his non-appropriate stuff as a poster who ask or feed useful information is pretty unfair. We need a Hammer against it to bring things again in balance. I am completely at your side.

I will contact Chameleon asking for support.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well, it got rid of some of the more obnoxious spam but there are still plenty of what appear to be bots. Unless these are just users that were created before the updates.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts