Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1621 - 1640 of 1654 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,075 Posts
How the heck you make a post thread
Welcome to K20a.org Redmistninja. You may have to wait some time to get the allowance to post a thread. I am not aware of the rules in detail, what I observe is a silence time of around 3 days. You may be able to post in existing threads. You may start off with that and give it a trial? Anyway, what is your K-series project or do you have questions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed my k20a jdm into my eg civic and it runs great. Using ktuned conversion harness and jdm ecu. Uh I have ran into one issue I can't find on a post thread anywhere but I have 26 spline hubs and the dss swap axels 2.9 basically are 28 spline. One of them is 29 spline : l
Weird but ... Idk just I'm not in a rush ganna do some calls during the week but just. Need some pointers on the topic. : L

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all. I am Ali from Malaysia. Had known vtec 20 years ago since i did work at a workshop tuning b series. Only now have i had a chance to own one. A 2003 accord CL7 euro R. The biggest letdown was knowing i have to use dual ecu for Hondata Kpro. Otherwise, it was a very pleasant experience to own a genuine Euro R. Please show me guidance dear friends..

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,075 Posts
I just installed my k20a jdm into my eg civic and it runs great. Using ktuned conversion harness and jdm ecu. Uh I have ran into one issue I can't find on a post thread anywhere but I have 26 spline hubs and the dss swap axels 2.9 basically are 28 spline. One of them is 29 spline : l
Weird but ... Idk just I'm not in a rush ganna do some calls during the week but just. Need some pointers on the topic. : L
Good question for the OEM knowers like drtye. I am not good at this. Mine for the Lotus goes into a GM hub, not sure if it has the same amount of teeth. You can find it in my thread mentioned in my signature.

Hi all. I am Ali from Malaysia. Had known vtec 20 years ago since i did work at a workshop tuning b series. Only now have i had a chance to own one. A 2003 accord CL7 euro R. The biggest letdown was knowing i have to use dual ecu for Hondata Kpro. Otherwise, it was a very pleasant experience to own a genuine Euro R. Please show me guidance dear friends..
Welcome to K20a.org neomegasupreme. What is your question? I didn't get it. If you want to use Hondata KPro you don't need a dual ECU. It uses the stock ECU, which get added a hardware inside incorporating the emulator stuff, which enables one to alter the stock tune.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LotusElise said:
Welcome to K20a.org neomegasupreme. What is your question? I didn't get it. If you want to use Hondata KPro you don't need a dual ECU. It uses the stock ECU, which get added a hardware inside incorporating the emulator stuff, which enables one to alter the stock tune.
Thank you for replying, sir. I was told that for a CL7 Accord Euro R, Hondata have no support for its ecu. And this was confirmed by Hondata themselves. Hence the need for a dual ecu setup. I must make use of a jdm dc5r ecu with Hondata installed and with a harness converter to splice it on my cl7's ecu. Like a piggyback setup. Too expensive for me.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,075 Posts
Thank you for replying, sir. I was told that for a CL7 Accord Euro R, Hondata have no support for its ecu. And this was confirmed by Hondata themselves. Hence the need for a dual ecu setup. I must make use of a jdm dc5r ecu with Hondata installed and with a harness converter to splice it on my cl7's ecu. Like a piggyback setup. Too expensive for me.
Yeah, that's what they usually do: JDM CL7 Accord euroR? - Hondata, because of the other stuff the ECU is managing. An engine swap even would not solve this, as it is chassis bounded. Do you have other plans?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, that's what they usually do: JDM CL7 Accord euroR? - Hondata, because of the other stuff the ECU is managing. An engine swap even would not solve this, as it is chassis bounded. Do you have other plans?
My other plans are either going for a remap using the oem ecu, or just installing a standalone ecu. Standalone ecus such as Maxxecu Mini and Link G4 are considered quite affordable in my region, for a standalone capability. For remap/reflash, i was quite surprised that quite a number of tuners that can remap the Euro R ecu around my area. And it is the cheapest option. But, in standard tune with IHE, the cl7r was quite capable it seems. Just maybe once a month, i need to reset the battery. In standard tune..
Thank you for replying, sir 👍

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,075 Posts
...For remap/reflash, i was quite surprised that quite a number of tuners that can remap the Euro R ecu around my area. And it is the cheapest option. But, in standard tune with IHE, the cl7r was quite capable it seems. Just maybe once a month, i need to reset the battery. In standard tune..
That would be an attractive option just to alter the stock tune if they can access the ECU. Why do you need to reset the battery for that in a monthly repeat?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That would be an attractive option just to alter the stock tune if they can access the ECU. Why do you need to reset the battery for that in a monthly repeat?
In stock trim, no remap no Hondata, the ecu somehow tunes itself to optimum. Maybe it is because of the wide band o2 sensor. Later I found out, after a month running smoothly, it had suddenly went out of tune. Simply said, it felt slower and unresponsive hehe. So what I did was, I reset the ecu by resetting the battery. So I guess, the ecu could have gone back to stock settings maybe after every 1 month cycle. Having said that, I had to reset the battery only once so far. I have only had the car for 4 months. Still a lot to learn haha

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,075 Posts
In stock trim, no remap no Hondata, the ecu somehow tunes itself to optimum. Maybe it is because of the wide band o2 sensor. Later I found out, after a month running smoothly, it had suddenly went out of tune. Simply said, it felt slower and unresponsive hehe. So what I did was, I reset the ecu by resetting the battery. So I guess, the ecu could have gone back to stock settings maybe after every 1 month cycle. Having said that, I had to reset the battery only once so far. I have only had the car for 4 months. Still a lot to learn haha
So what do you need to know for now?

Hi All! I am in Northern California and looking into maybe getting a K24 drive train for a Lotus. Looks like lots of good info here!!! Thanks
Welcome @thebuzzard to K20a.org. Nice project, maybe you find some nice info's in my build thread, I've done an 86x86 NA built, which does produce torque and power like a good 87x99 engine, incl. a lot of designed prototype parts. Anyway we have a few Elise Exige drivers here with K20/K24 engines with turbo, SC or NA.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,075 Posts
May i know what is the recommended engine oil viscosity for tropical hot climates ? Averaging 32 to 38 deg C
Depends on your application and load speed profile. Just for your interest, I would recommend a 0W30 or a 5W30 for a DD car, just in case the oil temp. are below 118 °C.

1621 - 1640 of 1654 Posts