Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1628 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope can't wait but ill post the stuff I need in the right place in due time. Nothing like a lotus with a K20 swap and a turbo not running right sitting in your garage. Nice thing the tuner and the shop are not screwing me over for not being able to find anything other then a bad TB gasket and gummed up injectors. Then doing pulls on the dyno and trying to tune it. Next stop tuning section with data logs and the map to see WTF people can see. This thing became a headache 30 miles from home after driving it almost 1900 miles in 2 days after buying it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here from central PA. I have a super clean 91 sedan. And scored a free k24z1. Plans are to tear down. Rebuild for boost. Anyone with info can link me would be appreciated. Or any inside knowledge from first hand experience would be rad too. First kswap. Help me out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys this is my first reply to a post, be nice.

So I am brand new to K series, I bought a DC2 with a I think k20/k24 with no ecu, so I got one and mailed it Hondata. it was $731 bucks for kprov4. I just now hooked it up to PC to enable the Bluetooth. I can go into those details later.

I am asking for the Kpro traction bar - $276 bucks. Vs the Kpro -$315 one.
is there a big difference? I really want to build a decent K series N/A I am not looking to run 10's I just a nice tight daily. that can sink the choke in case a stupid ass mustang decides to mess around. I really want one of these bars. but I want to know the difference. any knowledge is appreciated.

Ill make another post about me being new and advice needed for the details there. =p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I'm new here. I joined this site, because my son wants to do a K swap into his 98 Civic, and I know I'm going to be helping him do it. This past Sunday, he bought a late 02 RSX S that he wants to use for a parts donor. And if you look thru the swap area, Froth has a great list of mostly RSX S parts that you need to use. However, I'm wondering what else can be used on his EK Civic from the donor car in addition to that parts list. Can the rear disc spindles and such be swapped? How about any of the front end suspension bits? Steering rack, or the bracket/support for the rack? Thanks for any help you can offer, as I've been looking around on here but not finding what I really want to know. I guess everyone just uses what they know will swap (using Civic disc spindles in place of drum spindles, and Prelude discs up front). Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello.. new to forum doing a K24 swap on my 2005 RX8. Mainly have questions on EMS systems and what’s the easiest route. Pure aftermarket (AEM) or a stock piggyback (kTune/Hondata or relevant) thanks in advance I’ll post questions to right area.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey guys, in new here from Virginia. I haven't owned a Honda in a long time used to own a EF with a DOHC ZC but, currently I have a 1989 Nissan 240sx with a nearly complete turbo K24A2 swap. I've only driven it a few feet but soon I'll be redoing the oil pan to fix a leak at the flange so I can start driving it.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,377 Posts
hey guys, in new here from Virginia. I haven't owned a Honda in a long time used to own a EF with a DOHC ZC but, currently I have a 1989 Nissan 240sx with a nearly complete turbo K24A2 swap. I've only driven it a few feet but soon I'll be redoing the oil pan to fix a leak at the flange so I can start driving it.
Awesome hondapowerednissan :up:. Great to have you here! What made you decide for the K24A2 instead of a boosted SR20 or a boosted RB26? Would be great to know what you orientated to Honda.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've just never really be a jdm fan boi. Prevoius to this I had 2 KA24DETs, both of which i blew the ringlands off. I've worked on RBs they are to long for the engine bay and sourcing parts can be tough. SRs has their issues and are more expensive then they are worth now.

I wanted something different, a challenge and something that would future proof the car with ease of access to parts down the road. The kseries fits the bill. Easy to get replacement motors, cheap and will hold good power on a stock block. It's been expensive to get setup even with me doing my own fab but now everything on the drivetrain is easy to find and not antique.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
No, only got running enough to drive it about 10ft up and down the drive way to test out the cd009 clutch and shifter. Which the shifter ended up needing adjustment in order to use 1st, 3rd and 5th. Im still having got my speedometer setup yet and I've been having issues with the fuel pump control module I'm tryn to use for PWM. I'm currently making a tucked engine harness because I got a good deal on a haltech premium harness and the orginal harness I made was a cheap lets make it run kinda did tryn to rush it. I have a build theard on zilvia already for it but i'Il start one in the swap section here tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,377 Posts
...I've been having issues with the fuel pump control module I'm tryn to use for PWM.
What ECU are you using? I tune engines since years, may I can help.

I'm currently making a tucked engine harness because I got a good deal on a haltech premium harness and the orginal harness I made was a cheap lets make it run kinda did tryn to rush it. I have a build theard on zilvia already for it but i'Il start one in the swap section here tomorrow.
Cool, I would appreciate to read more about it at K20a.org :).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, brought my first Honda a couple of months ago, and instantly went crazy buying every little add on I could find, from carbon door covers to rims and then went to an RRC, Skunk2 CAI, Skunk2 DIC, 421 Header and flashpro. As we speak those things are getting installed, my tuner says he's having some trouble with the Dic, he's got to about 140wkw,does that sound right? Anyway, don't mean to bombard as it's only an introduction post, but just letting everyone k ow that I absolutely love my ctr (FN2). Can't wait to feel the extra power.
Cheers guys
P. S. Would have put a photo, but not sure how to attach

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone, new to the forum!

I live in Sweden and I just bought my first car (haven't taken license yet hehe) which is a Honda Civic Type R EP3. At the moment I'm just driving around with my dad and he also drives the car to his work as he loves it haha. I'm planning on doing a lot of mods on it and at the moment its got 2.5" exhaust all the way, DC sports manifold, and an Injen CAI.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,377 Posts
...live in Sweden and I just bought my first car (haven't taken license yet hehe) which is a Honda Civic Type R EP3. At the moment I'm just driving around with my dad and he also drives the car to his work as he loves it haha. I'm planning on doing a lot of mods on it and at the moment its got 2.5" exhaust all the way, DC sports manifold, and an Injen CAI.
Welcome byRazh to K20a.org, the best forum for your future plans :). What is the aim of your mods, I mean power/torque-wise?

Markus

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome byRazh to K20a.org, the best forum for your future plans :). What is the aim of your mods, I mean power/torque-wise?

Markus
Thanks alot!

The plan is to get a rbc intake manifold (70mm/74mm), skunk2 throttle body (70mm/74mm), Hondata kpro, bigger injectors and E85 conversion. That will hopefully get me to around 240 hp and around 230 nm :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone!
I have 2 cars: Honda civic EG8. I bought this one for drag setup. In future..
And Honda accord8 (TSX) 2009. For street setup)
I have many questions to ask on this forum.

1581 - 1600 of 1628 Posts