Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Trying to retain A/c in my EG swap and was wonder if anyone knew of a intake that, got out of the way so I can place A/c condenser with no problems? Any pictures?

To those of you with K20 swap what Radator and Condenser did you use? I'm thinking that If I use one of those half size radators that are extra thick on the drivers side, then the passanger side would be free for the condenser. Any thoughts?

I know this was mentioned once but no one had pictures or really gave any details at all.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
The onwer of fastbrakes.com has A/C in his K eg. He wrote
The AC lines were a matter of figuring out which lines to start with...I used the 03 Accord compressor lines and had the fittings cut off to use a thicker wall hose. The stock 03 hoses are thin and kinked too easily. Spacing the fan forward was the next task so I used an aftermarket thinner fan and trimmed the stock fan bracket (which supports the AC condensor) to fit. It's not too pretty but it works and clears the hoses. I may trim it a bit better before I charge up the system.

I did magage to use the stock suction line from the firewall (the thin one) and snaked it around the new engine mount to a flex piece, then into the new receiver. The receiver is now in the hole on the passenger side frame rail.

I also decided to use the pressure switch in the receiver instead of the factory one on the condensor, mainly to make it cleaner.

I still need to make lower mounts for the condensor, but Hasport will be making a new lower support bar for the production kits and I'll probably wait for that...

I actually took the old brackets off a wrecked EG that hold the a/c condensor in place and had them welded to the other side, so it all fits in there just like stock except it's on the other side...
Check back later for pics, I cannot find them now

1 - 2 of 2 Posts