Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got to thinking.....does it matter which clip goes to what injector from the harness, or just as long as they're all plugged in? if so, how can i tell which clip goes to injector #1 and so on and so forth?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Each Injector has its own plug that is wired into the harness exactly where it needs to be. You need to make sure that the plugs are plugged into the correct injectors. If its a custom wire harness the safest way to check is bust out a wire diagram and a multimeter and have grab a buddy and start tracing wires and then label them :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Each Injector has its own plug that is wired into the harness exactly where it needs to be. You need to make sure that the plugs are plugged into the correct injectors. If its a custom wire harness the safest way to check is bust out a wire diagram and a multimeter and have grab a buddy and start tracing wires and then label them :)
oh god, this is what i dreaded......i have a stock harness from the jdm CTR k20a but i wired up different pigtails to it for the different style injectors....is there any way to tell by peeling back some wrap and looking at the color of the factory wires?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also i just remembered....from the factory the wires leading to the injectors are different lengths so that they barely reach to their desired injector (tell me if im wrong) so is there anyway i can tell by this?

·
Premium Member
44,706 Posts
also i just remembered....from the factory the wires leading to the injectors are different lengths so that they barely reach to their desired injector (tell me if im wrong) so is there anyway i can tell by this?
Yes, but it is best to double check. A continuity test with the multimeter will confirm it.

·
Premium Member
44,706 Posts
On the B (white 24 pin) connector at the ECU:
B2 YEL -> INJ4
B3 BLU -> INJ3
B4 RED -> INJ2
B5 BRN -> INJ1

Also, check the grounds on the new pigtails as well.
I have seen them come loose or have a lot of resistance and cause issues.

:up:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the B (white 24 pin) connector at the ECU:
B2 YEL -> INJ4
B3 BLU -> INJ3
B4 RED -> INJ2
B5 BRN -> INJ1

Also, check the grounds on the new pigtails as well.
I have seen them come loose or have a lot of resistance and cause issues.

:up:
ok, so i take the voltmeter (which i have) and put the positive on one of the pigtails (touching one of the prongs inside the clip) and put the negative to the different pins on the ecu plug until i get ??????? (what kind of reading should i get?) then based on which pin it was that gave me that reading on the plug, i will know which cylinder that injector goes to?

·
Premium Member
44,706 Posts
You see the arrow looking option just below where the selector is pointing. That is for testing continuity. The lead will push a lil voltage and when the ground receives the voltage it will beep. You will connect one end to the wire at the ecu, and the other to the injector clip of the same color. You should hear it beep. Do the same from the injector ground wires (YEL/BLK I think) to make sure they are good.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awwww.....its all coming back to me now.....prior to the marine corps i was working as an apprentace at a custom audio shop and i remember all that now.....its the only reason i own a voltmeter:p thanks for the help....now, where can i get a pinout of a k20a harness

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
awwww.....its all coming back to me now.....prior to the marine corps i was working as an apprentace at a custom audio shop and i remember all that now.....its the only reason i own a voltmeter:p thanks for the help....now, where can i get a pinout of a k20a harness
Pretty sure its the same as the K20A2, as signalpuke said find the 4 injector plugs, either check them by colour or to be safe continuity check them back to the ecu, after that label them so you dont get confused.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea when i first unplugged them and cut the old clips off and put the new ones on.....it completely slipped my mind and i just attached them back to whichever injector they reached......then here a month and half later (still doing the build and the motors about to go in) i luckily was looking a wire tuck/custom harness thread and saw a guy had his clips labeled injector 1, injector 2, and so on, and i felt like such an idot, i guess its better that i caught it just in time than too late:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts