Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ka is a good power plant no doubt. As of now I don't think the average joe can build and tune like the prievious series. Jut my .2

·
Registered
58 Posts
This cam phasing system uses a spool gear, oil pressure and some fancy electronics to change the angle of the intake cam by plus or minus 30 degrees of timing.

Its 50 degrees
It's actually plus or minus 25 degrees, so 50 degrees total.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ok, i got a question. You say running k20a2 head on a k24a1 crv block and redlining it at 7900rpms u must duck. Is there a reason why that block cant handle that high of an rpm? is it cause the rods are weaker then tsx rods? The reason i ask my setup uses a stock block and i want to make sure it lasts but still put good times with a built head?on the bottle? if tuned right?

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Ok, i got a question. You say running k20a2 head on a k24a1 crv block and redlining it at 7900rpms u must duck. Is there a reason why that block cant handle that high of an rpm? is it cause the rods are weaker then tsx rods? The reason i ask my setup uses a stock block and i want to make sure it lasts but still put good times with a built head?on the bottle? if tuned right?

CRV rods are weaker than TSX rods. With a reasonable shot of nitrous for your set-up, I think its all in the tune how long it last and just dont use it stupidly. I know a stock K24 thats been sprayed on before and is a DD and it been going strong for a while.

The CRV block is low compression though, at least change it to 09 TSX pistons which are 11:1 cr and TSX rods if you wanna stay OEM.

·
Registered
133 Posts
CRV rods are weaker than TSX rods. With a reasonable shot of nitrous for your set-up, I think its all in the tune how long it last and just dont use it stupidly. I know a stock K24 thats been sprayed on before and is a DD and it been going strong for a while.

The CRV block is low compression though, at least change it to 09 TSX pistons which are 11:1 cr and TSX rods if you wanna stay OEM.
Why 09 why not any earlier.. and Yea thanks for the info brakaT

·
Registered
133 Posts
04-08 TSX had 10.5 cr, the 09 TSX or 2012 civic SI (yes, k24 bottom) has 11.1 cr.
Oh shit i didnt know the si civic also and that means with a type s head roughly 12+comp right?ill have to see if i can find those cause i have 04-08 tsx pistons

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Oh shit i didnt know the si civic also and that means with a type s head roughly 12+comp right?ill have to see if i can find those cause i have 04-08 tsx pistons
I honestly dont think it would raise compression that high, if it does raise compression, it will be minimal at best.

Hit up Autofair Honda on here, they're a vendor and can get you it along with other honda/acura parts.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I honestly dont think it would raise compression that high, if it does raise compression, it will be minimal at best.

Hit up Autofair Honda on here, they're a vendor and can get you it along with other honda/acura parts.
yea i work here at autofair so prices are good so ill look more into it thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
K20z2-HONDA ACCORD CL7 EU/JDM model.I have a problem with this K-series engine.There is a strange noise at 30 seconds after start and ECU power down idle first time.it is a kind of pattering / babble easily clogged in the right front of the engine.

I raised this issue on other forums in the world HONDA:

"Hello. are new to your forum.I have a Honda Accord CL7 K20z2 engine.Acura TSX is the European version but includes 2 engines.I have K20z2 engine version.I bought a new car and i have now 170k km.After 150.000km (100.000 miles) cold engine makes a strange noise at 20-30 sec after start.Is a pattering / babble that lasts until the engine warms.We adjusted pushrods / cleats several times.Disappears for a period of 3000km this noise then reappears.This noise occurs up to ~ 2000rpm and riding car.I always used the original top-Castrol oils, Motul, ENEOS brought even in Japan.We had different viscosities from 0W20 to 10W40 to +40 g C a limited period of time.Most of the time I used 5W40/5W30 regulations as are national importer.Noise does not occur at high temperatures outside a thick oil but any oil appears if the temperature is below 15gC.By EU dealers do not have a great experience for the HONDA appeared relatively late in this market.In Romania is 2006 and I was somewhat pioneers first clients.I have a large f-number of kilometers in my car compared to other owners.I tried a tighter control rocker-0, 20 in the hope that I will get rid of this problem.I came on this threat for the area dedicated HONDA ACCORD / ACURA TSX i didn't found this engine.Could be supply chain or idler skate??Turnbuckle or oil pump??
the rest of you have noticed the same shaking at idle in D or R for a long time.Use only regular gasoline or premium 95 CO / CO 99-101 less.Do not start no noise disappears CO 100 premium gasoline.If you do not ask do not chase for premium gasoline that is "scary" and runs from the tank! While the $ 2 / L not really like.
Thanks in advance for any kind of help."

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's also cause the longer stroke of any K24 compared to a K20 means that at equal RPMs the K24 has higher piston speeds. And higher piston speeds means something's more likely to go BOOM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
K20A service manual/bolt torque specs

Anyone know where I can get a service manual or bolt torque specs for a K20A?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't make my own thread yet so here it is..

I have a bad K24Z2 in a 2009 LX sedan. I have a complete K24Z3 in my garage ready to swap. Since the gearing obviously doesn't change does anyone know if I'll have any ECU issues with this swap?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The similar pistons on or after the k20a3 "the nice in my civic is" If i put a k20a2 head "rsx-s" on a k20a3 block? Would I have to get a new computer for it or just tunne it? If yuo now how to do the swap please let me know what i need to get and expect. Also i saw a artical in honda tunning to make my 5 speed a six for 1k. You seem to know your stuff, in you opinon would it be better to get a full swap K20a2 with a trany or convert my K20a3 head and do a trany convertion for 1k? One last question b4 i stop bugging you, have you seem the prices on any K20a2 heads?

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

·
Registered
58 Posts
The similar pistons on or after the k20a3 "the nice in my civic is" If i put a k20a2 head "rsx-s" on a k20a3 block? Would I have to get a new computer for it or just tunne it? If yuo now how to do the swap please let me know what i need to get and expect. Also i saw a artical in honda tunning to make my 5 speed a six for 1k. You seem to know your stuff, in you opinon would it be better to get a full swap K20a2 with a trany or convert my K20a3 head and do a trany convertion for 1k? One last question b4 i stop bugging you, have you seem the prices on any K20a2 heads?

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
You can get a used A2 tranny for less than $1k

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda Accord 2.0 (CL7) 2004 throttle position sensor

i need a throttle position sensor for K20A6 engine.i couldn t find in any sites.

usually k20a2,k20a3 and k24 engines TPS are avaible on ebay,aliexpress etc.

which one should i prefer,i want to try OEM part before buying original one.

thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts