Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie to the K platform, I have an S2000 F22C endurance road racing car. Looking to do a K24A2 (2006-2008 TSX) bottom end and K20 Head. Looking for most power and torque with reliability. I have the option to get a K20Z4 RSP-2 head/cams or K20A2 PRB-1 head/cams. Will be replacing rods with Carrillo H rods or Saenz 300M and pistons with Darton sleeve. So my question would be what would be the best combination for a road racing race car. The car has Haltech Elite 2500 running E85. Looking for 300+ WHP. Suggesting from the experts here what would they use. Thanks in advance to all.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I only know little about the newer heads, but they are supposed to flow better. A k24 greatly benefits from better breathing.
To get to some 300whp on a NA engine, porting and bigger valves won't hurt either, but costs will increase dramatically improving all these points.
For a NA build, sleeves are not really necessary, but won't hurt.

Do you have racing class restrictions on things like displacement? If not, sleeves open up the path to bigger bore sizes such as 89mm. This would give you an other 100cc of displacement over the 87mm stock bore.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You'll need some fairly aggressive aftermarket cams with valve train and a good intake and exhaust manifolds to reach 300+ whp. Stock cams will not get you there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
RSP is the best flowing k-series oem head. I would also skip the sleeves unless you want bigger bore. Or just get the stock RBB cylinder head ported with some good cams

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would use the RSP-2 head , with the 2006 TSX cams if you're wanting to stick to OEM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts