Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running the 3in snout pulley with a k24 crank on my k20z3 producing only 7psi in 1st and 2nd and 9psi in 3rd. I want to up the boost to 12psi. I'll be using a dry 40 shot to cool things down through kpro. Can someone please lmk what pulley combo I need to run to increase my boost levels?

Thanks, Ed

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm not sure on your combo but on my dc5 i believe i use the a2 pulley with a 3" pulley but before you do any of that you need to seriously invest in a JRSC aftercooler as i am doing also. You will also need a different belt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I dont have room for an after cooler. This set up is in am EM2. The nitrous is added for cooling the air charge.
Thanks

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,676 Posts
I want to up the boost to 12psi. I'll be using a dry 40 shot to cool things down through kpro. Can someone please lmk what pulley combo I need to run to increase my boost levels?
Hi Ed, you have to do like following:
  1. find out the maximum compressor speed
  2. find out the radius of the crank pulley
  3. d_pulley = n_engine_max / n_pulley_max * d_crank pulley
This is the pulley diameter which is for highest compressor speed. Go with that in the pressure-volume flux graph of it and find both points of actual and this pulley ratio. Should be easy to find the 12 psi point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Mercracing suggest I run the CRV k24 pulley do I'm going to give that a shot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That seems odd since it will fit in my EJ1 or at least that is what i was told.. I have a very good friend that is also my tuner and takes care of all the logistics for me. Mercracing is who i suggest, while not timely, they do sell quality parts. I'm still waiting on the rest of my aftercooler kit. I know the 40 shot is for cooling but its doesnt last forever like the aftercooler will, which is why i suggested it. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a tight squeeze in there. I had to massage my rad support just so the bypass valve clears, notch the passenger headlight for snout pulley etc. What manifold are you using RSX?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts