Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, I have been missing from the forum for a couple weeks and to my surprise user: The Sword decides to put me on BLAST!

All who have purchased from me in the 6 years I have been a vendor on K20A.org know of my reputation and what my business stands for.

This is the FIRST time I have ever been exposed in this manor so I must clear the air.

Long story short, one of my AU customers decided to dispute a transaction for $3096.00 even after I shipped 90% of his products.
I contacted PayPal to settle dispute but they have locked my account which has put a damper on my business.

Matter with AU customer is almost resolved and balance of products will ship this week.

The situation is almost cleared up now but it will be a few more days before funds are released back to my account and I can refund Mr. Sword

So him bashing me on the forum after I explained the situation to him, was uncalled for.

Sword you will be refunded.

Other members who supported my business in the past, Thanks and I appreciate any vouches or input you add to this thread.

Dale Clement
K20Tuned LLC (owner)
www.k20tuned.com

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
bump, figured this would be fixed, have heard nothing but good things about k20tuned.:up:

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,372 Posts
been on the site a long time. never known dale to be anything but classy. i've bought from him and would again :up:

sometimes shit honestly just happens

·
Registered
234 Posts
I bought my a2 swap from dale along with swap parts. Great guy!! That's over 5 grand and counting.. No way in hell would he risk tarnishing his name and business over $950.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I deal with k20tuned locally, he is one of the most stand-up guys ive ever met that sells parts!
:up:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Bump for legitness. bought a k24a1 and an a2 head shipped when promised with parts in good condition! would def do business again!

·
JDM KING/K20a Supporter
30,238 Posts
I really don´t want to contribute to this, but I think Dale missed out a point that Chad claims to be the biggest problem between them, *Communication*...

october 24th, no paypal. still out a grand. thanks k20tuned. no email, no nothing.
Today's day and age communication is key. Unfortunately its just the way it is. Other problem is, its so EASY now. email (blackberries, iphones, droids), txt msg, phone. Instantaneous communication that goes from one person to another. So with this technology it is expected to hear back from someone in diligent time. The real reason is these emails get ignored, you can't tell me they don't get read. Someone in a business like that HAS to hvae a blackberry, its why they exist. After all Time is money.

If I email someone I expect a reply in a couple of days, a week MAX. Some people get SO many emails that they get ignored which is reasonable, I can understand. I get HUNDREDS a day so if I miss one to reply to, it happens, thats why after a week they email back because its important and I forgot to respond and then I WILL respond at that moment I read it.

Welcome to 2010, this is the world we live in now, I think businesses especially have to abide by this or they will lose it.

My 2 cents.
^^^ True...

I am sure Dale/K20tuned are not trying to scam any1, Ive been on there for 4 yrs already and haven´t heard anything bad...
I´ll would say, this whole issue is a bad communication and nothing more...

Hope everything works out for the best on both ends...
:up: :up:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
...the biggest problem between them, *Communication*...
No personal opinion on K20tuned, or ASP, since the guy in question called them out, too, but here is a suggestion.

If you live in one country and are planning to spend large sums of money on this or that parts from a vendor located in another, then you are not doing yourself any favors by just hitting "Pay Now" and then blindly expecting something to show up. I am in industrial machinery sales and sell to North America as well as Latin America and the Caribbean. We do not have any "buy it now" options on our site for exactly this reason. If the customer is international, I need to talk to them to make sure what we have is in stock, what the ETA is if not, and straighten out any customs or freight tariffs.

I once took a call from a very angry customer who accused us of trying to scam them and so on. It turns out that they just blindy mailed us a check to an address we had not been at for several years. We got it straightened out but as I asked the customer, "Why did you just send someone a check for $7K without calling to notify us, first?".

So, I guess my feeling is that in as much as sellers have an obligation to keep up with communications from their end, buyers have an equal obligation to nail down all the details on the front end before sending money anywhere. I would certainly not Paypal anyone domestically, let alone in a foreign country, several thousand dollars without personally speaking with an agent and firming things up over the phone. In other words, it is really not fair to come out with guns blazing, like we have seen here 2X, when you sort of stack the deck against yourself by failing to hande the due diligence for your side, first.

Again, that is just my opinion, which anyone can accept or reject as they like.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
funny, your idea of "clearing the air" is to make a f*cking thread? where i am from, "clearing the air" is refunding the guy you scammed for a thousand dollars. only on the internet does "talk" such as this thread mean anything.

you have time to make threads Dale, but you do not have time to email me?

"you will be refunded" is not the same as "you have been refunded"

you only have a couple more days before i have to file dispute, and then your account will be locked again. and guess what... you shipped 0% of my product. so, what will paypal think about that?

why is this thread not deleted? why am i being painted as the bad guy? you have scammed me for a thousand f*cking dollars and i am the bad guy?

30 days to file paypal dispute, its been 26. and after seeing this thread, i think im going to log back on to paypal and just dispute it now. because i do not think you are going to come though before 30 days and you "word" means shit to me.

i screen shotted your post as well, to send to paypal.
and erik loza, i dont even read your posts, so dont waste your time. you do not have a clue what youre talking about, and thats all you are doing is just "talking". you have no dog in the fight, no horse in the race. youre just wasting bandwidth and turning the forum into a chatroom. let it be settled between the parties involved.

the bottom line is, only on the internet can someone type "i will refund you" and that makes everything alll peachy.

dale, you have 24 hours. if i walk into my office at this time tomorrow morning, and open up my paypal and there is not 946 USD in it, if you even so much as forget to pay the paypal fees, I WILL FILE DISPUTE.

24 hours Dale. lets see if you can really "clear the air".

pathetic. i also loved the line about "people whom i havent scammed please add vouches input to this thread to make me look good". youre so pathetic, Dale Clement. PATHETIC.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
At what point do you pick up the phone and call the owner of the company?

Or maybe K20A.org, or the interwebz, give you a refund?

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
at what point do you realize that it makes zero difference which method of communication you use? at which point do you realize that taking a thousand dollars from someone is not ok, regardless of what method of communication is used?

and finally, at what point do you realize that you only have one argument, and its completely worthless?

hey, hit me with some good material erik. maybe something with more than three syllables while youre at it. im dying over here, give me something to go with.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
...give me something to go with.
OK, how about: "I'm smart enough to know better than to float a thousand bucks into cyberspace".

Or: "If I was dumb enough to float a thousand bucks into cyberspace without making sure someone knew it was coming, I would have the issue resolved long before the thought of bitching to the interwebz crossed my mind."

I'm sure the owner of that company would happily give you some specifics if you gave him a call.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts