Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have looked down the same road you are and after pullin mad favors left and right for f22c cranks and h23 cranks i have found the road that i needed to go is custom crower crank and I have a feeling you will have to do the same. a H series crank has the proper stroke but no chain drive gear. the f22 will work but the r/s ratio still isnt right. so it came down to a customer crank that uses b series specs with k series specs and a custom stroke.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Please IM me on AIM(jtuner77) and i will give you all the info you need. I have just email ordered 2 custom cranks from Good Old Brian at Crower(they are sponsoring my A/M Racecar that will run in NDRA later this season) and man will my CC have one big hurt on it for a long while. I have worked long and hard on these and I dont want to tell the whole world what I have figured out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Even on alcohol that motor wouldn't make the kind of power they are making(they rougly have to be making 350 or more to get the times they are). they are running a custom crank, custom rods and 90mm bore pistons. The motor is spec'd out to a 2.6 liter. I saw the car run and it has been getting revved to 9800 and the piston speed with the k24 stock crank would destroy bearing alost every pass or two on gas. Especially with Alcohol which is one of the more violent fuels once ignited it would put double the force/pressure on those bearings to prematurely wear. I don't know what Norris has been doing but there was "rumors" that last season he was running a k24 crank in a k20 block and runnin a short rod to obtain good midrange torque and running some loose bearing clearances to keep the bearings alive but then too he was having failures. I can only speculate that it was either do to him revvin the piss out of it or do to the very odd "secret" torque specs that are needed to torque the factory ALUMINUM main caps without having inconsistent bearing crush.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.