Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what i need are the factory specs on h22 and s2000 (2.2l) crank main and rod journals also any info on the snout measurements would help. i also need rod lenghts for these engines, the compression hieght of stock type s pistons and head cc's. the thrid thing i need is the spec on the inner diameter of the mains in a k20 block and the deck hieght would also help. any one with a factort repair manual that can help please do....thank you very much.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have looked down the same road you are and after pullin mad favors left and right for f22c cranks and h23 cranks i have found the road that i needed to go is custom crower crank and I have a feeling you will have to do the same. a H series crank has the proper stroke but no chain drive gear. the f22 will work but the r/s ratio still isnt right. so it came down to a customer crank that uses b series specs with k series specs and a custom stroke.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i understand the chain drive problem, i was wondering the same thing since john from hy-tech is using one what he did to modify it. how much did your crank cost you? thanks again for your info...i had already looked into the f22 crank since i have two of them sitting around and a h22 short block. i want more displacement out of a k20 block for my street car but i dont want to do a k20/k24 hybrid because i will run into alot of p/v clearance issues with the Cr i want i just would rather do custom pistons for a 2.2l and still rev to a fairly high rpm.....besides why stick with the norm if you ever want to get anywhere :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
why don't you just destroke the k24a. The fastest NA drag car has the k24a block destroked. Skunk2 is using this setup. Have you even looked into their setup yet. I plan on boosting on a k24a block mated with my k20a3 head. The k20a2 has a square bored and i don't really see a sense in adjusting the bore and stroke on that engine. It is built to rev but remember torque wins drag races. It all depends on what you wanna do with the setup.

·
Registered
81 Posts
^not tryin to be a dick but..... thats exactly what he is trying to do, k24=99mm h22=90mm etc etc. and i don t think skunk is running a destroked setup. their road race car eats bearings fun lunch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Please IM me on AIM(jtuner77) and i will give you all the info you need. I have just email ordered 2 custom cranks from Good Old Brian at Crower(they are sponsoring my A/M Racecar that will run in NDRA later this season) and man will my CC have one big hurt on it for a long while. I have worked long and hard on these and I dont want to tell the whole world what I have figured out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the skunk2 car is not destroked and i do not want to destroke or hardweld a factory crank...also i dont honestly care if the car revs to 9k or something retarded its a street car.. longer stroke= increase in torque, thats all i care about. sorry if i seem like a dick but im just not content with the 270hp everyone is making on the same set up..i want to do something different to get a edge on them, you know?

·
Registered
8 Posts
http://www.tunerzine.com/articles/2004/featuredcar/skunk2rsx/article.html
That's the skunk2 setup which is a k24a setup. since civdx94 doesn't know the specs. Not being a dick just showing their specs on their car. It's a K24a with a 15:1 compression ratio which i dunno how they cleared the piston to valve clearance. So thepowerofdreams you plan on running a b series crank with k series specs for the chain so you can get a longer stroke? Sounds originally haven't thought bought that yet. Good luck with your project though! Love to see results.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Even on alcohol that motor wouldn't make the kind of power they are making(they rougly have to be making 350 or more to get the times they are). they are running a custom crank, custom rods and 90mm bore pistons. The motor is spec'd out to a 2.6 liter. I saw the car run and it has been getting revved to 9800 and the piston speed with the k24 stock crank would destroy bearing alost every pass or two on gas. Especially with Alcohol which is one of the more violent fuels once ignited it would put double the force/pressure on those bearings to prematurely wear. I don't know what Norris has been doing but there was "rumors" that last season he was running a k24 crank in a k20 block and runnin a short rod to obtain good midrange torque and running some loose bearing clearances to keep the bearings alive but then too he was having failures. I can only speculate that it was either do to him revvin the piss out of it or do to the very odd "secret" torque specs that are needed to torque the factory ALUMINUM main caps without having inconsistent bearing crush.

·
Registered
81 Posts
b series doesn t have the same bore spacing. pretty sure your stock k20 stroke will make more than enough power for you horsepower+right gearing=fast. and yes i missread your post i thought you had a k24 block this whole time my bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.