Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Immobilizer?

Has anyone tried to bypass or hack it already? or is there an alternative other than to pay $500-1000 for Hondata and/or the dealership? Please let me know...

I wonder if hondata would just do that for $100 or so?

Thanks.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I already called hondata and thye will not do it! They are pushing to sell the K-Pros which is silly if all you wanna do is run the stock motor and ECU. It looks like the cheapest way of doing it is to get a reflash and have them disable the immobilizer at that point or if the immobilizer could be somehow rigged then I'm sure you can then take it to the dealer and have the keys/immobilizer/ecu matched.

·
Registered
741 Posts
bpr0422 said:
the jdm ecu doesn't have an immobolizer

theres a similar thread in a diff section...

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4167
Yeah but once again, different internals and I may have read somewhere that there might be a mismatch in the A/F wiring that causes the Type-S/K20A2 motor with ITR ECU to lose pressure and stalls the car.

·
Registered
414 Posts
JDM ecu's do have a type of immobilizer, but much easier to bypass. U.S ecu immobilizer can be bypassed, but involves more work, as it disables alot of the signals the ecu would send out to power up sensors.

Hondata ( or anyone else for that matter ) will not do it for you, or show you how to. Someone with bad intentions could come across that info.

Just stick with a kpro'd S ecu. Less hassle, more power.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everybody's project has a different goal, at least, and mine is not that serious of a tunner. My goal is to try to get the car to work. As you all know, I just don't have that kind of budget for something like a kpro after everything else. It would be great to have and I do wish I have the money but it just doesn't make sense to pay all that much when your goal is to just disable the immobilizer. I know that information could be a threat to all k-series enthusiast but as I have no intentions of going around and doing all the sins because I myself survive on my hard earned sweaty money. For that matter, I am willing to pay to get the immoblizer off. I don't need to know the infomation. That's not my goal and it's useless for me anyways. I think what HONDATA doing is just selfish and money driven maybe. If they don't do this, soon or later someone will figure it out, and while in that time, they could've get that money as well...and not pushed people to figure it out. The result will be a loss. In addition, it is also limiting their market on the k-series sinced the swap is already expensive. I know everyone has their own opinion but I guess I'd have to let my car sit there waiting while I keep on searching and ask around and stop whining. I am starting to learn alot from www.pgmfi.org. It's a site about Honda ECU and stuffs...but we'll see...

Thanks,

Skyliner

fearless_dsm said:
JDM ecu's do have a type of immobilizer, but much easier to bypass. U.S ecu immobilizer can be bypassed, but involves more work, as it disables alot of the signals the ecu would send out to power up sensors.

Hondata ( or anyone else for that matter ) will not do it for you, or show you how to. Someone with bad intentions could some across that info.

Just stick with a kpro'd S ecu. Less hassle, more power.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yeah I second that! I don't need to know how it's done I just want someone to do it for me. I still wanna find out since I sold a K20A3 motor and am still trying to get some info for the buyer. But I guess the downfall would be that someone with one of these ECUs could jack our cars left and right. As if that's not available now anyway.

If it's such a headache to turn the darn immobilizer off, how about some kind of an emulator???

Is it possible to have an immobilizer installed on the swaps anyway and get a special key made from Honda??? ...but I guess that could easily get the price tag close to the cost of a reflash where you can get your immobilizer turned off at the same time.

We need an emulator that could mimick the electronic signals from the transponder and immobilizers. Something that could read the codes and re-transmit it back to the ECU for a matched code.

Now there's a great idea... somebody make a fortune out of it!!! I'll settle for a prototype!!! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well, from what I have seen they do make those hardware called immobilizer bypass for alarms where it imitates/record the signal and use that regardless of the key[there is a trick, I think which involves the dealer to reprogramed to match your key]. But the downside is that you still have to have the factory key, immobilizer, ecu match. If there is a way where we could utilize that thing to retract the signal that was sent to the ecu. At this point I am still a newbie to the programming world of honda ecu. It's still worthless right now :(. So tell me what's the big idiea when a thief with a k-pro and/or a type S immobilizer disable? Btw. There's alot of ways to protect your investment and immobilizer is one of them but not necessary. Most cars don't have it anyways.

Skyliner

I welcomed all private messages. Thanks

·
Registered
644 Posts
I read somewhere that with the jdm ecu you need to relay the fuel pump in order to bypass the imobilizer. Is this true??

·
Registered
92 Posts
fastest_ex said:
or just ground the fuel pump relay wire
This does NOT work I have already tried it. I am working on a (hopefully) plug and play device to bypass the immobilizer on USDM ECUs.

·
Registered
678 Posts
pay to play , i think thats the way it works.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Utilize OEM ECU, immobolizer bypass

i might have a solution for OEM ECU users. i am still lookin at the diagram but theres one wire on there that i do NOT understand if itll work or not. someone can take a look, I will post onto another thread. there might be a down side to it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.