Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
i have been told 2 things about this.. one is that there isnt a immoblizer at all.. and the second is that there is but it is very easy to bypass...

can anyone else clear this up?

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
You have to ground the fuel pump. The ecu does have an immobilizer just easier to bypass then the type s.

What chassis do you have?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Jdm ecu

We did a swap in an 03 civic ex with an k series type r motor. we had it running great with a type s ecu, we used the honda HDS to program the key to it. we now have the jdm computer that we were supposed to get. The immobilizer light is now flashing and The honda HDS will not let us program the Key, it dose not communicate with the ECU. I have read the JDM ECU dose not have an immobilizer. if that is the case why is the key light flashing. If anybody knows how to get this ecu to work properly can you please help me out Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The key light is flashing because there is no immobilizer in the ecu.
The ecu should run fine. As far as making the ecu have an immobilizer like the us ecu's this is probably not possible. Just take out the bulb if it bothers you that bad.

·
Registered
458 Posts
ecu

still confused. called hmotorsonline they said all of the k20a have immobilizers in it even the type r. so i'm not sure

·
Registered
84 Posts
my problem is that the car starts and then dies after a second. I havent had time to actually look if it was loosing spark or fuel or what. but it dosent do that with the other Ecu. As far as the immobilizer i wired it from scratch so I can Pull the fuse on the whole curcit the lights the least of my concern. has anyone had this problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
KJMRide said:
my problem is that the car starts and then dies after a second. I havent had time to actually look if it was loosing spark or fuel or what. but it dosent do that with the other Ecu. As far as the immobilizer i wired it from scratch so I can Pull the fuse on the whole curcit the lights the least of my concern. has anyone had this problem.
Just like it was said, ground the fuel pump. I have swap and used DC5 ECU with the fuel pump wired up. Starts right up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts