Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
So if the jdm ecu doesn't have the immobilizer. will this be the easier and cheaper route to save money then gettin the immobilizer removed from the usdm ecu. Anyone have the ecu pinout on the ecu's

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think their was a writeup about this somewhere here or maybe k-series.com or ephatch.com

Are the vtec crossover points diff on the A2 vs. the A? If not then the only detriment to running the A ecu would be yer right foot. A has a much higher rev limit. :wink:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Anyone got an idea on how much a k20a2 engine harness and ecu are running these days?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Ive seen the ecu for like 250.00.

haven't seen the harness.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
vuaccordla said:
Anyone got an idea on how much a k20a2 engine harness and ecu are running these days?
A brand new harness (Part# 32110-PND-A00) can be had for around $200 from Acura.

·
Registered
458 Posts
thats not bad at all better than i expected. plus we can get the wholesale discount too. thats what i'm talking about. Some guy on ebay wanted 250 for a jdm k20a harness, had to pass on that one. thanks man

·
Registered
35 Posts
you can either call hondata and explain your situation to them, provide papers on your motor and everything and they might take the immobilizer off the ecu because hondata rightfully is worried about these motors being stolen and people trying to get the immobilizer taken off to sell to whoever.. but I think if you were to provide them with enough information and papers for them to have no worries about the motor being legit, they'll probably do it for a fee..

or you could get hondata k-pro which is the way to go if you're going to be trying to make power out of that motor, the k-pro's software has immobilizer disabling thats as easy as clicking a box. also you can disable sensors and things of that nature..

or you could go with the k20a ecu but your fuel cut's going to be 8800 vs 8200 on the a2's ecu and your fuel maps are going to be gonna be different.. but people are running those ecu's with very little trouble but i wouldnt recommend it.. if i were you I would hold off and get the k-pro.. its just about one of the most important mods you can do to your engine.

cost on the harness from acura is about $120.. retail around $200

·
Registered
458 Posts
so for the long run k pro might be the way to go. thanks for the info, time to save up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts