Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that i picked up my k24a2 today. Found it for a steal at 1450.00. its missing the starter, alt, AC compressor, and IM(which i cant use.) i will post pics up when i get help pulling it from the truck. That sucker is heavy. BTW, this will be going into my 97 civic coupe dx with the EKK2 kit. My buddy gave me his rear crossmember, LCA, and steering rack from his wrecked 95 civic.
K24a2-$1450.00
EG rear CM, LCA, steering rack-$FREE$
------------
Total this far 1450.00
Kris

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i called the guy up i convinced him that i would be there tomorrow to pick it up. Told him that if i wasnt there that he could go ahead and sell it. He would have sold it sooner, but the guys that wanted to buy it before me was in NY. If you are on here bud, SORRY:)...Well worth the round trip 4hr drive. Im trying to take my time and get the deals where needed. It helps that im a wholesale DIST for HASport too(shameless plug).
Kris
Merced Imports

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still waiting till morning for pics, but i noticed a few things...

what is the silver item(i know its oil related since mine was removed and a paper towel is holding oil in) above teh sticker that has an electrical connection on it?
kris

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no, i didnt get it from LKQ...i dont know what that is. I dont want to give up where i got it just because im not buying stuff from him to resale
kris

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pictures like i promised...let the last guy said, let me know what i will need from the pictures. I have a baseline of what im going to do, but i like to hear from everyone

Big thanks to ryan and his dad for helping me lift this...Im sporting the HASport swap shirt, i call that my $15K shirt:) enjoy
kris

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks litter box. He knocked a few bucks off since it didnt have the IM, but i couldnt use it anyways. Ill have to call my connections on monday and see what i can do about the ALT, starter, and i think i have a connection on the IM already
kris

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Nice choice. I have no regrets buying the TSX. It is alot of fun to drive. I had to go with a EP3 5 speed b/c i didn't have money to switch to the 6 speed. I like the way the 5 speed feels and plan to keep it. The supercharger likes 5 gears to. Future planning : LSD and TypeS 2nd gear.

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i want the six speed because the middle gears will be closer for tracking the car. i have a feeling the early gears will promote wheel spin
kris

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
litterbox said:
Well you obviously need IM and TB and tensioner, alt, starter, at least you have flywheel bolts.

I thought the auto and manual tranny flywheel bolts were different!!!

are u sure they are the same. one says AT on them must be a reason!!! Plus its thinner the auto flywheel :confused:

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
does anyone know if the VTC controller for the cam timing is the same on all K series. I can get one off of the other K24's. also, what starter and alt should i be looking for as well as AC compressor?
kris

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
suprfast said:
does anyone know if the VTC controller for the cam timing is the same on all K series. I can get one off of the other K24's. also, what starter and alt should i be looking for as well as AC compressor?
kris
The vtc sensor is not the same. They have different part numbers. This leads me to believe that they are not interchangeable though i'm not 100% sure. If you come across a tsx vtc sensor, send me one cause I need it.

You can get any k starter and alternator.

I have an IM off a Type S that I can sell you for cheap.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.