Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i'm tired of being one of those guys that just float around on the forum wishing i had one of those damn k swaps. getting a kswap has been one of my biggest goals for that past couple years. being 19 and in school doesn't make it much easier. but i would like for all of you to know that this sunday i will be going to pick up my first ever full 04' k20a2 swap. i'm so damn excited. everything is going to be done by myself; install, tuning, wiring, blah blah blah. all of it. look for a build thread soon people!

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Congratulations man!!!! What are you going to be putting it in?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations man!!!! What are you going to be putting it in?
thanks guys! but its going in an EG. i can't go with anything else. i've owned 3 of those damn things already. might actually be going to look at another EG this weekend in chicago when i go pick up the swap in chicago. i just need a clean rust free shell to start with. i've already conacted the guy. here's the link for the car, tell me waht you guys think about it! i think the price is pretty damn good.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1010585526.html

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
It's clean from the pics. Reasonable price as long as the interior and engine bay is also in good condition.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i hope so. i'll take a look at it and let you guys know how things go this weekend. i'll take pics of the swap as well when i get it!

·
Registered
309 Posts
be careful with that advertised cx ...it has a rear windshield wiper (hatch glass replaced?) it has painted handles and side mirrors i cant see if it has a sunroof
if it has sunroof and rear disks with the wiper and painted handles its si if no sunroof then its a dx and if in fact it is a cx then he painted and replaced hatch (wonder what else he did)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the caution but i am well aware of this. if it comes down to it, i'll just check the VIN. as you can see from the pictures, there are no side moldings, and no sunroof. most likely the rear glass was replaced and a passenger side mirror was added in the mix.

·
JDM KING/K20a Supporter
30,257 Posts
Congrats man... Best of luck with that... Im pretty sure if you need any kind of help, this is the right place to be at... looking forward for your thread... :up:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks a bunch guys. gonna be heading out to milwaukee pretty soon. then chitown tomorrow!

·
Registered
441 Posts
k20a2 swap in chicago?
are you buying it from someone on here or did you find the swap elsewhere?

in for pics of the swap.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here's the new addition to the family :) gonna start taking off parts and cleaning it up to paint the block/head/tranny.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
well, i'm tired of being one of those guys that just float around on the forum wishing i had one of those damn k swaps. getting a kswap has been one of my biggest goals for that past couple years. being 19 and in school doesn't make it much easier. but i would like for all of you to know that this sunday i will be going to pick up my first ever full 04' k20a2 swap. i'm so damn excited. everything is going to be done by myself; install, tuning, wiring, blah blah blah. all of it. look for a build thread soon people!
damn tuning and all!! congrats and good luck man:up::up:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
damn tuning and all!! congrats and good luck man:up::up:
haha, yeah. this is actually what i want to do in the future. be a damn good tuner. i've gone to an EFI101 class already but didnt have the funds in time for the advanced class. i'll be taking it when it comes up again in georgia in march. then after that, experience is what i'll need to get me up there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Im in the same boat as you man, I'm also 19 and in school, CC, if I was in a 4yr at the moment, i would not be doing this...anyways im starting my search for all the parts im gonna need, going into an em2 though..goodluck with everything!!! Keep us posted!:up:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cool man. i'll probably be ordering k-tuned ps/ac removal kit today along with hr fuel rail, hondata im gasket, and oem tb gasket :up:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts