Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

been searching for a while, and i couldnt find the answer that i was looking for.

basically i want to know if the ignition coils for k-series vehicles are all the same..i got a (TSX) k24 in my garage sitting there w/out the ignition coils..still piecing togethere everything, but i just wanted to know if I could reuse my k20a3's coils.

thanks

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found out thanks to brian g

in case anyone wants to know....all k-series coils are the same :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any recommendations to ignition coils these days, or is "from the dealer" the ONLY right answer? I'm finding used sets of 4 Denso's for about 90usd.
At the dealers locally, Acura part # 30520 rwc a01, price for each is about 90usd. Based on findings of others on this board, "all k series ignition coils are interchangeable".

Did my spark plugs on the k24a2 this weekend, found one of the Denso 099700-070 ignition coils cracked (in the rubber boot area up top), sourced a cheap "TEC tc-28a" locally for use temporarily.
No complaints, I like the Denso, had no issues, pulled strong for the tuned 7600rpm limit, and the bonus is that it uses the same ignition coil as my weekend toy VFR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.