Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new here I have a 2000 ej6 with a k20/24 swap. I did the aav delete and I have to hold the throttle down until engine gets warm. If I let off the throttle the engine acts like it wants to die. But also I have to keep the nipple on the intake mani unplugged from the aav.
I do have a check engine light for the ect and the ait sensors. Not sure if that would have anything to with it.
Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the issues or experienced these issues after aav delete. Thank you all for your time

·
Registered
26 Posts
Post any questions on a facebook group ..facebook has replaced the once great k20a.org and every other forum .. sad as k20a.org was the got to

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fueling needs to be enriched for a cold engine because there is much less heat to vaporize the fuel, and liquid fuel doesn't burn. If your engine has no idea what the coolant temperature or air temperature are, they'll default to warm settings (no enrichment), which is probably why you're having such a hard time with cold starts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok that makes sence. I was thinking that those sensors had something to do with that. Thank you for your reply. I will check em out. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts