Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post some pics on how they routed there IACV water lines on setups with out a heater core... Im more interested in k20a2 heads with the seperate coolant neck, preferably with a k24 block. Thanks

Waiting on her new heart:

·
HONDA HEAVEN RIP
2,754 Posts
Dont run em :up:

Keeps hot water out of the throttle body which has to be a plus, never gave me a problem.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
what does not having a heater core have to do with the IACV? the IACV provides a proper engine warm-up on cold starts...allows the engine to idle higher with a cold coolant temp. once the engine warms up, the idle drops and smooths out. if you don't have a heater core, you can just loop the the lines.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
I'm assuming he has removed the big pipe that runs from the water pump to the back of the motor and probably plugged the head. So iirc, that would change how some of the smaller hoses are routed.

The the original poster, you only need the coolant lines going to the iacv if you daily drive the car. It makes a difference in colder weather.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what does not having a heater core have to do with the IACV? the IACV provides a proper engine warm-up on cold starts...allows the engine to idle higher with a cold coolant temp. once the engine warms up, the idle drops and smooths out. if you don't have a heater core, you can just loop the the lines.
as Kommon said, i was refering to not having the hard water line running to the heater core which is a feed to the IACV

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I have not had the IAC heater lines connected in over 3 years and that is driving in -10 degree weather up here in NY during the winter and a total of about 180K miles, and have had absolutely no issues other than condensation forming in the the IAC port and causing the IAC to corrode.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Yeah I deleted the coolant lines goin to my tb/iacv and it seems to run just dandy:up:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts