Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry guys im still a noob when it comes to alot of things.....what does this do and why would you run a block off plate on this? do i need to do this, or should i leave it?

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
sorry guys im still a noob when it comes to alot of things.....what does this do and why would you run a block off plate on this? do i need to do this, or should i leave it?
Hope this helps:

I have contacted Rcrew and they claim that once you turn off the IACV thru Kpro and adjust the idle manually with the throttlebody, then you wouldn't/shouldn't have any problems after that.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i see what yall are saying....but in your opinion would is it any better or more beneficial to run it with or without the IACV? or is it the same either way? just trying to find out if this is of any help with performance or if people just do it to get that cleaner shaved look on one more thing

·
one
1,489 Posts
ok i see what yall are saying....but in your opinion would is it any better or more beneficial to run it with or without the IACV? or is it the same either way? just trying to find out if this is of any help with performance or if people just do it to get that cleaner shaved look on one more thing
Keep it if you have no reason to remove it. Not everything that you see is for performance. IACV = Idle Air Control Valve. As I already stated above the block off plates purpose, it is not to make anything cleaner. The only time you will see it is from the bottom of your car. Its purpose is to help control your idle. Without it, it is harder to get a good one. Most people that remove theirs are forced to, and would of used one if they could - unless you have a dedicated race car and a good idle is the last of your concern.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keep it if you have no reason to remove it. Not everything that you see is for performance. IACV = Idle Air Control Valve. As I already stated above the block off plates purpose, it is not to make anything cleaner. The only time you will see it is from the bottom of your car. Its purpose is to help control your idle. Without it, it is harder to get a good one. Most people that remove theirs are forced to, and would of used one if they could - unless you have a dedicated race car and a good idle is the last of your concern.
that was the info i was looking for:up: thanks i will definently be keeping it:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts