Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

I would rather do a J swap over a K swap?

• No I would not do a Jswap, cutting a huge hole in my hood just isnt worth it.

Votes: 47 13.1%
  • Yes I would do a Jswap, the hole in the hoods no big deal.

Votes: 47 13.1%
  • No I would not do a Jswap, the Kswap is just way sexier

Votes: 218 60.6%
  • Yes I would do a Jswap, I am not worried about the weight of the engine.

Votes: 48 13.3%
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
ill let you know once i get my harness and axles, i would think yes because of the potential of the motor when they start making internales

·
Premium Member
26,614 Posts
Or how about another poll option..
I would like to do a J Swap. However I would not prefer to to a J swap over a K swap.
That's what I would choose.....

·
Premium Member
26,614 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
What do you say?
I am gonna do a J swap to complement my K swap I did last year, because it's gonna be a very fun swap to have and is VERY cheap compared to the K....and I also think you guys should get to work on something that will change the speed sensor signal so the tach and speedometer will work like you did for the K swaps:p

·
K24 USDM EG
26,855 Posts
i love the avaliablity of the after market options for k, power range is awesome with a little bit of work, boosting a makes one nasty street/strip car, and i like my hood. lol

J-swap is cool dont get me wrong, but theres really nothing that intrigues me to do it, when the k is just bolt in and easy.

:cool:

·
Registered
196 Posts
j series turbo hehehe

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wanted to do a k swap cuz of becoming's car :wink: and think they are cool motors but I am doing the j swap .i mean really how can you go wrong with more power for the third of the cost of what it would cost to do a good k swap?

·
Registered
76 Posts
You've heard my thoughts but i'll share them again.

Currently I have a ls/v in my teg with a bunch of expensive bolt on parts. Reason for going J... I priced both swaps out and i'd be trading my 150hp motor for a 250whp and crazy torque motor and maybe even make some money out of it. Here's my price list... (i already have the longblock and tranny)

I paid 1300 for a '03 auto TL-S j32a2 longblock, harness, AT ecu, and accord 6spd tranny (i know, no LSD. BUT, cl/tl type s lsd's are a direct swap-in for later on).

so,

swap: $1,300
mounts:$400-->$600 (other companies (not released yet) --> hasports/api)
axles: $+100ish over stock axles-->$800 (stock remachined (evs-one) --> dss's)
ecu control module: $500 (needed to run a AT ecu/longblock)
clutch/flywheel:$500ish
shifter box plus linkage: $150-$300
extra BS:$500

total max you would probably spend: $4,500ish

So lets just say for some reason the whole swap costs you $5,000. Thats still cheaper than a K and thats STOCK Honda reliability! Not only that but your paying for less, getting the reliability AND getting more power! judging by what I've seen it is quite easy with i/h/e to see these motors hit 250-270whp and 220-240wtq. I am currently just at the status of sucking info from the internet and phone calls to people and putting it together but i already have the swap and am trying to get it done within the next month or 2 and from there work with people to come out with new products for the motor because from what I've seen it has plenty of potential and is still extremely cheap for what your getting theres just lack of info out there.

ps: pcholo or whatever his name is said somewhere that with his hood closed and uncut he has 4" of ground clearance. Thats almost about what my header has on my car right now... It seems like the whole cutting the hood thing depends on the motor because some are taller than others and also what kind of risky/not lowered car friendly places you drive through. Also i've seen quite a few k swaps with itbs and cut hoods...hmmm...sacrifices for power...? I also think that if your looking into a swap, "sexiness" shouldn't be a huge determinant. ;) Like i said before, i guess you could call this info speculation but thats my whole thought on the swap and why i am going through with it. If anybody doesn't agree with things i said or wants to discuss things further lets discuss! We need to gather more info on this swap so people can start seeing the light! :p

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I think this is turning into a very apple and orange comparison, because when it comes down to it, some people are arguing the stock vs. stock side of it, and some are gonna argue the modified side of it....even thought the J will never receive the aftermarket support that the K gets. I wouldn't take a J swap car over my K HB that I built for shit!!!...BUT, for the cost difference, and some people's budget limitations, I think it's awesome that an inexpensive swap has come along that will smoke most K's{before substantial modification} and definately put most B swaps away modded or not....Plus it helps get a new excitement within the Honda community, I think either swap is a win-win situation.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.