Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
6psi isn't much. doesn't matter what psi your are running look at boost like a shot of NOS while reading this. Also I am not sure of your complete set, so don't knock me because you all ready have it.
Start with a equal dia entrance and exit = 3" CAI and 3" exhaust.
The stock 62mm TB is fine with 3" to 3". Want more top end and the expense of low end do a 70mm TB.
Are you running 650c injectors or higher?
The header will play a large role. A short 4 to 1 with 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 oval shaped primaries exiting to 3". Oval shaped to match the E ports. Becasue the A2 revs high the time b/t TDC and BDC is lessened the intake and exhaust valves will not be open for long, shorter primaries, good merge collector, and large DIA exhaust will help. Dumping the exhaust out as fast as possible will raise psi some and make a world of difference througout the
powerband.
High flow cat or test pipe and a cat back with the least amount of bends.
Once you have the intake and exhaust done, buy the IPS SC cams. Tell IPS you want to run a custom header. So when the header is designed it will match the specs of cams. UPGRADE valve springs and retainers.
Boost upgrade and retune. Interccoler and aftercooler are so expensive to mass produce that a custom might be easier. I've heard gains of 25whp and will help better the overall operation of motor and lessen strain on it.
My tuner's JRSC A2:
Completely stock A2 w/ LSD install Jrsc @ 9.4psi
3" CAI, 3" Thermal, Custom 4-2-1 header ( could do better ), Kpro, and lots of tuning = 301whp and 201 wlbs....
With a custom 4-1 header, Ips Sc cams, and retuning...The numbers would be insane for a supercharged 2.0L. Remember 1 psi = 10-12 hp. Its going to come down to I/H/E/ Cams/ a good tuner.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.