Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
well a good tranny/engine with all the goodies would go 3k, if you piece it together, and to setup the fuel and electronics along with a header and all the other misc shit i would say add another 5k, thats just a ball park... if anything like me you'll need more than that. LOL And i started off with a k20aR motor which ran me 5.2k.

·
Registered
8 Posts
SmellyEG said:
well a good tranny/engine with all the goodies would go 3k, if you piece it together, and to setup the fuel and electronics along with a header and all the other misc shit i would say add another 5k, thats just a ball park... if anything like me you'll need more than that. LOL And i started off with a k20aR motor which ran me 5.2k.
where did you find one for that price at?

·
Registered
92 Posts
NUTWEAVE said:
where did you find one for that price at?
If you piece together a TSX longblock with a type S tranny and get the shift box with cables and make sure that long block and tranny are good to go thats about as much as it should cost.
Tubby703 said:
man i might as well buy a itr 2004 for 7500 the front clip
tahnks man um do you noe all the tings i have to change or modify for the EG chassis
Well that depends, that might be worth it if its a true front clip with all the stuff from thr back seats forward, like the headlights, seats, dash, steering wheel, etc.

So you can part it out and make enough money so that it is worth it.

Yea add on like 3gs to that 7500 and you should be good to go.

What you need is :

*Mounts(DUH)
*Complete Longblock, with all working sensors and all that shit+tranny
*Sub harnness to connect your old harness to work with the new motor.
*header to work with swap.
*axles
*Fuel lines, can run a custom setup with a inline fuel filter or you can use your stock one, with a aftermarket fuel rail.
*custom clutch line
*Custom Intake setup(or you can use a the stock AEM or Injen Short ram intakes)
*Have to lengthen and run the RSX Charge Harness to the battery and to the stock fuse box, or do llike me and splice into the stock pos. terminal on old EG and the connection that goes into the stock fuse box and solder them into the RSX charge harness.
*Will need hondata to start the car or a reflash if you use a rsx s ecu, a Type R ecu im pretty sure will work.
*Also might need custom heater core lines setup if you choose to run one.
*Need to weld holder pieces that hold radiator to be placed on left side where old ac core used to go. Or get it custom made to what ever radiator you choose to use.
*DC5 top radiator Hose, or you can run a custom setup based on how you want it and how you make it work.
*Use a lowr Integra radiator hose cut and measured right to fit, not a auto parts replica one but a genuine honda part.
Hasport adaptor piece to make the stock inside cluster detect when your car is heating up and a so your fan works.
*Have to splice in what ever fan your using to work with your stock fan harness.
*Also you have to use a EP3 Throttle cable if you want your throttle to work. LOL

Am i missing anything else here?

·
Banned
15,815 Posts
If you are serious and really want to get it done for 4G, I think there is a way but you need to have some basic mechanical skills and do a lot of work on your own...

Here's basically how you do it

-$1000 CRV motor complete as possible
-$500 Ep3 tranny
-$500 mounts
-$200 axles ( make your own)
-$300 fuel system
-$200 engine harness
-$300 header
-$900 K pro
--------------------------

It is still a pipedreeam though because most likely you are going to need a clutch, and other misc shit liek shifter, cables etc...

but that is the only way you could be close to 4K.. and as you see K pro is 25% of the cost

·
Registered
865 Posts
I dont think the K-series prices will ever go down. There aren't that many people out there that sell JDM k20a motors. IF they were abundant and more people sold them at lower prices, then they would be cheap. I think 4Gs can get you the motor and a few parts, but not get it runnin. A buddy of mine picked up his TYPE S motor at a local junk yard for about $2000. Not including shipping.

·
Registered
393 Posts
SmellyEG said:
O forgot to answer that one, at JDM theory.com. Call them and talk to geoff, homeboy hooked it up real nice. :up:
I can vouch for that. :up: Although shipping killed me because I live in Hawaii.

·
Registered
865 Posts
DOnt expect to get a motor from them anytime soon. I called last week thursday and they wont be getting any for another 6-8 weeks!!! I got mine from hmotorsonline and steve said it was the last one. They sold about 6 k20a's that week. He said he gets about 2 a week which is a lot for him!!!! Just imagine what other sellers get. They could only get one maybe none.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.