Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i use a crv block with a rsx type s. do i need to make any mods to the block or is just plug and play. i also have the type s tranny will it fit the crv block.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Plug and play, but watch your revs or you will have piston to valve contact. You could have the valve reliefs in the piston tops made bigger to help this situation.

brian g

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Someone told me that they have been revving it to 8200 with no problems....so far.....
But really, you are not going to be making power that high anyway... Just eb careful, that is all.

Remember, torque on these motors, hits as soon as you get the car moving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks
now anythink special that i need to change the heads and will the types s tranny work with the crv block

·
Registered
599 Posts
nikos said:
Someone told me that they have been revving it to 8200 with no problems....so far.....
But really, you are not going to be making power that high anyway... Just eb careful, that is all.
We used to rev that high and when we took the engine apart it turned out there had been piston to valve contact. The car still made almost 300 hp with a JRSC. We also found excessive wear on the cylinder walls.

brian g

1 - 9 of 9 Posts