Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need someone who has the k20 swap in there em2 car.

I assume your situation would be
- you have 1-wire on your a/c compressor
- have 3 wires on your a/c wire line.
- and dont know how to wire it up?

If you have this situation post up the year of your car and if its a coupe or sedan. Also the trim like if its a VP or EX or DX...

Also need someone to take a pic of there STOCK D17 Compressor with the 3 wire clip on it. As close as possible and the clip off the harness so i can clearly see the colors on the harnesss. Trying to find a solution for you guys.

Reason i need all this info is cause i have gone through numerous helms and honda books. Books for the 01-03 chassis and 05-06 chassis and even some online manuals and they all state and show a one wire compressor. I even checked with a few online parts stores who also have the compressor as a 1-wire for the 01-03 and 04-05... so till trying to figure this one out

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
now you do this :silly: i just sold my ac lines to hondaluver cuz i got so frustrated with it i yanked it out. lol anyways ill contribute to the thread

02 civic coupe ex with k20a2 2004 motor

pics will come later

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just figured it out like 2 hours ago.. i was doing a swap at the shop.. however though... his car was an 05 EX.. and his colors where different.. the blue/red was the same..... just the other 2 colors which go to the "thermal protector" where different then the one u posted transformedbg..

his was colors were
-blue/red
-green/yellow
-blue/white

where as the one that u posted was the same one i was using for reference earlier has the same blue/red... but the other wires were different... time to do more research so i can make a write-up on it for everyone

the diagram u posted k-series is of the 01-03.. the one i have is of the 04-05.... looks like it could be either or

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup.. just confirmed it... theres 2 different color schemes based on which car you have

-blue/red
-green/yellow
-blue/white

OR

-blue/red
-red
-blue

i need someone to take a pic of there harness.. someone with an 04-05 .. something like this so i can see the colors

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Basically your illiminating the thermal protector if i remembr right off the civic. its now moved to on the AC as show in this picture:

That is the wire diagram off the RSX not the civic. I forgot to mention that. so the other 2 wires just get looped together. The Blue red wire will go to the AC. Trust me thats how mine is hooked up right now.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that diagram is the same as the 01-03 civic as i have it right here in front of me... the only thing that made it difficult like i said earilier was that the car i was working on at the shop earilier today had different colored wires..

dependent on the year and make and model will determine the colored wires... take my car for example (its a 01 dx btw)... it came with a 1-wire harness so it just plugged right in.. also did a swap in a 03 ex and it had the same single wire. then we just got done with this 05 civic which had a 3 wire. but the colors were different then the ones posted... i just went by this diagram for the 04-05 (attached pic) and got his a/c working

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Your atachment doesnt have an AC compressor on it though. Just a little FYI...

I know what your saying, ive done this same concept to about 4 k-swaps now. My 01 Ex, my friends 03 DX *4dr* 3 wire, my friends 04 3wire. Its just a matter of makeing a loop. I usually look at where the wires go then go from there.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your atachment doesnt have an AC compressor on it though. Just a little FYI...

I know what your saying, ive done this same concept to about 4 k-swaps now. My 01 Ex, my friends 03 DX *4dr* 3 wire, my friends 04 3wire. Its just a matter of makeing a loop. I usually look at where the wires go then go from there.
haha.. it does.. look to the far right and down to the middle.. it says compressor clutch

u got some catchin up to do.. im already at 22 k-swaps and counting.. lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
I assume your situation would be
- you have 1-wire on your a/c compressor
- have 3 wires on your a/c wire line.
My situation was the exact opposite of that.

My A/C compressor had a 3-pin lead, and my chassis had a 1-pin plug.

Car: 2001 Civic EX coupe
Engine: 2006 TSX (w/ manual transmission)

All I did, was swap out for a 2002 RSX A/C compressor, and shorten the wire harness a little bit (A/C Comp. is on opposite side of the engine bay, from the D17).

·
Registered
60 Posts
what are you guys using for ac lines in the 01 civics, where are you finding them, and what are you spending for them? Cali is starting to get hot this time of year and I would love to get my AC back

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
what are you guys using for ac lines in the 01 civics, where are you finding them, and what are you spending for them? Cali is starting to get hot this time of year and I would love to get my AC back
I dont know about you, but i use the search button! :) :dance:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I saw what I have for options as far as getting ac lines, but I meant are you just buying them from a dealer, or are you scraping them off of other cars.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I saw what I have for options as far as getting ac lines, but I meant are you just buying them from a dealer, or are you scraping them off of other cars.

that my friend is totally up to you! How much money you got?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am trying to spend as little as possible on these lines. Considering I have a plethora of issues with my swap right now. Cracked turbo manifold studs, so my turbo is floating, which hit some wires and melted through them, like my vtec oil pressure wire. So I have a lot to rewire and a lot to fix.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts