Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it wiser to buy a K20A first cause my dad and my friends say it gives me more of a choice to choose which car I want to put the motor in and is it wise to build the motor and tran up first before I buy the car? My friends and I are trying to figure out which car I will have issues with like the crx I will have to worry about it motor mounts and hood issues but its lighter I think?. I haven't found any issues with the EG yet everybody has done the swap haven't had probs. Whatever car I uses is for circut and drag racing and show. So what car in your oppinion is better and why? What kind of suspension should I use for the racing and the show and what size rim and why?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Big_EP3Hatch said:
Is it wiser to buy a K20A first cause my dad and my friends say it gives me more of a choice to choose which car I want to put the motor in and is it wise to build the motor and tran up first before I buy the car? My friends and I are trying to figure out which car I will have issues with like the crx I will have to worry about it motor mounts and hood issues but its lighter I think?. I haven't found any issues with the EG yet everybody has done the swap haven't had probs. Whatever car I uses is for circut and drag racing and show. So what car in your oppinion is better and why? What kind of suspension should I use for the racing and the show and what size rim and why?
EG because you have alot of refrences to do it right

EF to just be coll and there isnt one running yet...

1. Just get a mount kit for the EF
2. find a carb hood and mod it soe it fits..
3. the suspension on the EF, ITR 5-lug with Tein
4. 15 or 16 inch because anything bigger is pointless

also i dont know how your gonna drag.. and autoxand show your car... ecspecially show... show to me is body kit wings TV's or do you mean just show off your car not to win trophies...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, clean Jdm style. hears my idea, EG would be cool.
paint it super flat black(skunk 2s civic challenge colur)
spoon and mugen carbon pieces
spoon or mugen rims
tein susp
ITR brakes
ITR rear seats wraped in red leather
recaro seat(I dunno wit ones yet)
custum fitted 97-01 dash and center console
replace inside panels inside wit fiberglass(painted superflat black)
of kourse a K20A
Toda engine kit
R&D dyno stroker kit to 2.2
an lsd
custom turbo kit (any ideas)
mugen stearing wheel
spoon titanium shift knob
custom roll cage
and some other engin and tranny mods I can't list all of it.

peace

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Big_EP3Hatch said:
no, clean Jdm style. hears my idea, EG would be cool.
paint it super flat black(skunk 2s civic challenge colur)
spoon and mugen carbon pieces
spoon or mugen rims
tein susp
ITR brakes
ITR rear seats wraped in red leather
recaro seat(I dunno wit ones yet)
custum fitted 97-01 dash and center console
replace inside panels inside wit fiberglass(painted superflat black)
of kourse a K20A
Toda engine kit
R&D dyno stroker kit to 2.2
an lsd
custom turbo kit (any ideas)
mugen stearing wheel
spoon titanium shift knob
custom roll cage
and some other engin and tranny mods I can't list all of it.

peace
You need to slow down, stop making all these unessesary threads BIG_EP3HATCH.

JUST THINK ABOUT GETTING THE CAR YOU DON'T HAVE YET, and LEARN HOW TO DRIVE A MANUAL TRANSMISSION.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know how to drive a manuel I drive practice wit an 03 OZ Lancer. Hello I'm 15 I have a perment. everybody in my faimily likes think ahead of time we all ways have ideas and futur plans. Take a chill pill, Jeez!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that a good idea to buy the motor and tranny first and mildly mod them before I buy the EG?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
c-zero I'm trying to get input on ideas and inspire some members ok delete them if you want just don't be an jerk ok

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, now I will have to convince my parents to let me buy the civic know where to put it! cars at my house: 96 contour, 2 V8 ford pintos soon to run 10s, 97 ford F250, 04 Elantra, 03 Lancer and 1 travel trailer. Dad won't let me put it in the garage. so I guess I will have to pay and put it in a storage unit. so that sucks for me unless or If my nice neigbor will let me park it next to his black 454 SS chevelle(high school car) in his 8 car garage. so I hope and wish me luck so I won't post pointless threads and ask real qeustions. pp

Peace

1 - 11 of 11 Posts