Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that Hasport is producing this header which is specifically for use when swapping the Kseries. Now I have heard of DTR, DC sport, and all these other companies that are producing Kseries headers...are these compatible with swaps or no? Now I assume the reason that typical RSX headers aren't useable are a conflict with the rear crossmember... correct or no? I have read alot on this site, this just always seemed to have little explanation with it. So if someone could break it down completely that would be appreciated. By the way, does anyone have a picture of the swap installed in an EG using the Hasport header?

TeamPacman...do you have a clear picture of the exhaust mani in your white CRX...or just a nice view of the space available in the back?

·
Registered
348 Posts
the hasport headers are alright..( good if you just want the car running and wanna pay less for headers) the rsx dosent work because the header will not clear the rear crossmember... the tsx stock and aftermarket will work for a k swap......it wasn't made that way for a swap but just happends to work out. it all depends what you want out of the swap....if you wanna floss a k20 then go with hasport..if you want power then go with r crew or dtr...... if you want it in the middle go with dc sports tsx header..... just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Yes, they do make them for the Swap applications

DTR is one of the best for the buck headers I seen so for( power, quilty and performance....

We are coming out with our own Headers soon....

If you are in a budget then Hasport is fine...

You can't put a RSX or RSX type r headers...

you need some modifications...

·
Registered
191 Posts
i'm running a dtr header. its made just for my swap. he can make it for any swap in to any chassis. he even just released a k20 into prelude one....

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha muffler shop....over my dead body, those dippy f*ckers don't do anything right...I have MIG in house and TIG comin in about three weeks. I just want something to get the car running (which is making this Hasport so attractive to me...cheap and quick) , my equal length header project for the EF Kswap will begin afterwards.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll keep it in mind, but I have a dealer agreement through Nippon Power for Hasport products...if your cost is better than mine I'll hit you up for sure though. Let me know your cost when the EF mounts come out also.

Edit:: I happen to see your for sale post in another thread...I thought you were selling these as a dealer (you said headers...plural). I see you have this personally. Well I will definitely talk to you about that in a couple weeks. I am not in the position to buy right now...I have 6 cars outside right now all for sale. I am stretched pretty thin getting all these cars ready for profitable sale. As soon as I unload some I'll see if you still have it. Thanks for the heads up there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.