Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Into a 94 3rd gen Teg.

I am currently in the process of selling the stock b18c1 and already bought a JDM b18c(type R) which i tore down and sold the block so that i could get a b20 and do a b20 type r. Now I have an oportunity to buy a k20 TYpe R for 4k. Engine trans and ecu. clean as hell ive seen it.

How much of a hassle is it to do. Mounts, wiring, exhaust modifications,ac and ps.

Please someone clue me in.

Thanks

Christian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please someone, k20eg respond.

I just want to know if i should persue this DC5 or stick with my original Crvtec.

Thanks
Christian

·
Registered
131 Posts
in my opinion i would go with the k20. i was stick in the same boat that you are in and i picked the k20. just just got to love the ivtec and and it being a lighter motor

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
dv8 said:
How much of a hassle is it to do. Mounts, wiring, exhaust modifications,ac and ps.

Please someone clue me in.

Thanks

Christian
Go with the K20, thats a great deal on that motor (JDM K20a $4000)
You will eat up a CRVtec with the K20a :lol:

·
Registered
110 Posts
what you need to do for the swap!!!

Well if you need mounts I sell the hausport mount kit. so check that off your list, you will need to get the brain chipped (computer), wireharness, and axels. I will have the hausport axels in stock in about a week. Hassle???hum it is a bolt in kit. You will need to remove the mount on the passanger side. But all that is the new mount bolts in with three supplied bolts. If you really wanted to go cheep you can get the OEM header and modify it. or you can go with a comtech header( http://www.autocarparts.com/part/253/18 ). the wire harness is a plug and play. the motor fits in like a charm and low enought to shut your stock hood. good luck if you need to get the mount kit call me at "street image" (626) 962-1503 ask for adam. good luck!

·
Registered
186 Posts
why PS and AC...??!!? take all that nonsense off
anybody know how to eliminate them?, ie, get rid of the ac pump completely, (make mount and pulley to replace????) seeing as there on the same belt as the alternator. (honda are smart, b series engine, u could get away with it)
the ukdm ctr has a electric ps pump, so thats all good. gone already

·
Registered
599 Posts
dv8 said:
The A/C and P/S is doable on the Integra. In order to fit the P/S you will need to remove some of the inner hood structure so that the hose fitting will clear. The hose will need to be made by a shop to fit the Integra rack and K20 pump.

A/C is also a matter of custom hoses, I should have some pictures of a K24 into a 92 Civic with A/C some time next week. It will be similar to your setup, although yours would be easier to do.

brian g

1 - 11 of 11 Posts