Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well,
i ve got an Euro EP3 with a JDM gearbox!
i ve got too a KPRO and there is a menu on Kmanager which alow making speedo correction with a RSX 05VSS!

what s the difference between it and mine VSS?

is it possible to replace it without no mods?

thanks

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope,
my VSS work fine!

but i think if a put a 05VSS,i will can correct my speedo with Kmanager?

am i right?

or i have to use a Yellow box just?

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
nope,
my VSS work fine!

but i think if a put a 05VSS,i will can correct my speedo with Kmanager?

am i right?

or i have to use a Yellow box just?
you are confused.

the purpose of the speedo correction is for those with '05+ transmissions. the 05+ tranny's VSS uses a complete different signal than regular pre 05's. if you dont convert it it reads like 1/50 (or is it 50 X) your actual speed. so it would be WAY off. K-pro has a fixed % it will multiply times the 05 VSS signal.

unless your tranny is newer (05+) tranny with the different VSS, you have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok,thanks a lot for the explanation:up:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am a little confused with this as well.

So you guys are saying the I can fix the speedo runnin my 04 rsx ecu with kpro adjusting the numbers given off by the vss on the 05+ trannies?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, just trying to understand.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
no. if you check the 05+ trans correction box, the values will be way off and you'll probably get a vss cel.

on your 04, leave it unchecked and have a working speedo.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Now I'm confused.

I have an 05 RSX-S. Can I run a 02-04 Base RSX 5 speed and have the speedo work? Are there any modifications that need to be done to make it work? Is there a link with this info out there already?

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Now I'm confused.

I have an 05 RSX-S. Can I run a 02-04 Base RSX 5 speed and have the speedo work? Are there any modifications that need to be done to make it work? Is there a link with this info out there already?
its not that hard to understand. 05+ rsx have different VSS signals than 03-04

so no you cannot just swap a 04 base tranny & have the speedo work. You can buy a speedohealer & program it correct the signal for your cluster. K-pro will only correct for using 05+ VSS (when using 03-04 ECU) not the other way around

·
Registered
302 Posts
So basically i'm SOL until hybrid racing does their magic since I have 05 type S with an 02-04 base 5 speed .

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
you can buy the speedohealer (V.4) for around $110

I got mine from SoloMotoParts.com to run my '04 tranny with s2k cluster

1 - 11 of 11 Posts