Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Thanks for the response. If you don't mind me asking, why would you guys offer it in black but not in a stock looking color?
There are a few reasons but the main one is to keep continuity throughout our brand. The majority of our parts are black, not to mention the black finishes are easier to keep consistent during the anodizing process compared to silvers and grays.

It's also difficult to please everyone, some like black, some like silver.. it goes both ways. I have had more customers ask for black so we make black ones.

I have only had a few requests for silver/gray color but it's an option we're open to explore again. As I mentioned, we may do a small batch of silver soon.

·
Registered
699 Posts
There are a few reasons but the main one is to keep continuity throughout our brand. The majority of our parts are black, not to mention the black finishes are easier to keep consistent during the anodizing process compared to silvers and grays.

It's also difficult to please everyone, some like black, some like silver.. it goes both ways. I have had more customers ask for black so we make black ones.

I have only had a few requests for silver/gray color but it's an option we're open to explore again. As I mentioned, we may do a small batch of silver soon.
I had a feeling that was a factor. Fair enough. I just like to keep an oem appearance so if there is another run of grey/silver I'm in.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I had a feeling that was a factor. Fair enough. I just like to keep an oem appearance so if there is another run of grey/silver I'm in.
We have talked about it. Shoot me an email and we can talk more about it, but I think it's a good possibility.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
We are looking to have these back on the week of the 18th of this month. Pre-order asap as they will be in a limited qty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you guy's offer a solution to delete the cruise control portion of the throttle body? Using a Hybrid Racing throttle on my supercharger setup and it get very close to my coolant housing.

·
Registered
699 Posts
So I am getting my parts ready for when you get the silver tb's back in stock. If I am going to retain my map sensor and my PCV I would be better off with the k20a2 PCV rather than the k20z1 PCV, is that correct? I am assuming this since the k20z1 PCV is bolted down differently due to the stupid "towers" that cradle it on the k20z1 TB as opposed to on the k20a2 TB where it sits flush.

Sorry if that seems confusing...

141 - 156 of 156 Posts