Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
civic ej '00 k20z4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I'm new here and had a few questions about some problems with the hybrid racing no cut shifter box.
Any of you have a k20z4 in an ej with the hr no cut shifter and ktuned shifter cables?
I'm not sure if they are compatible with each other or that the cables are not for a K20Z.

My problem is that with putting it in gear 1, 3, or 5, the shifter hits itself mechanical on the inside. Like the cable is to long, but i can't seem to get it any shorter by adjusting it. It barely hits it now but it just doesn't seem right.

Also the mounting of the cables in de housing of the shifter is different, the shifter is meant to mount the cables with 1 bracket that holds both cables.
But the cables are meant to be mounted apart. 1 with a clip and 1 by itself.
Fear that is is the wrong shifter+cable combination.

Hope you can help

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got the same problem havnt found a solution yet . I'm using a bullet shifter with mjc automotive cables on a k20z4 tranny but no joy . The gears will not shift correctly and the position of it no matter what I do to adjust the cables sitting on the shifter mech . It will not shift correctly at all . Similar problem to yours
Hope someone has a fix for this . I'm runnin a k20z4 in a 1995 civic coupe . Just this and I can be on the road soon .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts