Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
So is this ready? I don't mind upgrading to something more legit.
:scared: (imagine that this emoticon is laughing instead of scared) Not laughing at you, but at someone else.

They said that products was suppose to ship out, but their website never updated. So I guess they probably don't have it. I ended up turning my short ram intake in another direction. You can then buy heat and silicone wrap material and you have a cold air intake.

·
Registered
1 Posts
can shipping to jakarta, indonesia? i want 1 pcs for 8th civic..
is plug n play?? nothing to modified????

how much including shipping?

best regards

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Sorry for the delay on this guys, we have had many things going on that have prevented the completion of this product. We have sorted that all out and will now have this kit released by the end of this month. We feel this intake system is going to work well for customers looking to get the most out of their RSX's without having to do a ton of work.

Please stay up to date with all of our new products by browsing our website or joining our mailing list.

Sincerely,

Hybrid Racing

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
A full size 3.5 inch system isn't possible due to the extremely limited space in the front of the DC5. Our system is a true 3 inch cold air system that will not require you to relocate the battery.

You will be required to remove or relocate the washer fluid reservoir however that is not something we will include.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A full size 3.5 inch system isn't possible due to the extremely limited space in the front of the DC5. Our system is a true 3 inch cold air system that will not require you to relocate the battery.

You will be required to remove or relocate the washer fluid reservoir however that is not something we will include.
From your website, it looks like the RSX version does not include the air-bypass valve from your 8th civic CAI that would prevent hydro-lock. If that's the case, can you comment on that decision?

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
From your website, it looks like the RSX version does not include the air-bypass valve from your 8th civic CAI that would prevent hydro-lock. If that's the case, can you comment on that decision?
Sure!

The housing's main job is not to prevent hydro-lock, that is only an added benefit. The chamber was designed to fine tune the intake air resonance for the K20Z3 engine.

Due to the design of the RSX chassis, intake tube position and length, the bypass housing was ineffective at producing any extra power or torque. Not only did it not do much, the housing is not sized for this 3-inch tube so it required us to create and injection mold a new housing which would only increase cost and add little benefit. The tapered design of our 8th Gen Civic intake system just doesn't work in the RSX chassis... there's no room.

You can still use other various anti-hydro-lock parts that are available on the market if you are concerned with your engine ingesting water.

It's also important to note that even with the 3-inch tube, we noticed significantly lower intake air temperatures, as well as increased torque and power throughout the rev range with little to no extra dyno tuning when compared to typical short ram and other cold air intakes.

This intake also works in the EP3 & in K-Swapped EM2's that use the RBC intake manifold and a 70mm throttle body.

-David

161 - 173 of 173 Posts