Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HPT is pleased to announce that we are now offering our K series valve spring tools to K20a.org users.

HPT K series Valve Spring Compressor Tools.

The Valve Spring Compressor is CNC machined, anodized red, laser engraved and MADE IN THE USA for HPT by Euroexport.
This tool makes it easy to replace valve seals, valves, springs, and retainers. The tool is attached to the head with 2 short bolts. Once the tool is attached to the head you put a retainer cap (comes with kit) on the retainer/spring(s) you want change next you tighten a bolt that will push down on the retainer allowing you to easily remove the keepers. Next simply UN-tighten the bolt and remove the retainer cap to remove the spring(s).

****You can use this tool with the head on the block****

Kit includes:
Valve Spring Tool
Retainer cap
Two bolts
One long bolt
Magnetic Screwdriver

SECURE PURCHASE LINK http://www.hptautosport.com/products/hpt-valve-spring-compressor-tool-k20-k24-f20c-f22c
Call or PM us today!!!

SHOP: 828.651.9891

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I had a EuroExport for my B-Series. This is a guaranteed awesome tool. I used old air compressor fittings and an old compression threaded line to make something to hold pressure in the chamber (through spark plug holes). Easy way to change valve springs on a motor in the chassis still. Easy to install and remove keeepers....once again, great tool.

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
I had a EuroExport for my B-Series. This is a guaranteed awesome tool. I used old air compressor fittings and an old compression threaded line to make something to hold pressure in the chamber (through spark plug holes). Easy way to change valve springs on a motor in the chassis still. Easy to install and remove keeepers....once again, great tool.
Thanks for the idea! Wouldn't have thought to use an air compressor too keep the pressure! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just a tip for those installing springs, you don't need an air compressor to keep the valve up. Just make sure it's at TDC on the cylinder you are working on. The valve will drop a little but you can still install the springs and keepers.

The euro tool works great and is the one to get without paying a crazy price to install springs.

·
Registered
581 Posts
You can do 8thgen exhaust springs easy with this tool. Not like my Snap-On tool I paid double the price of this and I can't do exhaust springs on a 8thgen -.-

·
duct tape and zip ties
9,162 Posts
love mine. cant count how many sets of springs I have done. Definitely takes a while to get the handle of it to do with the head installed.
there are a lot of different ways to keep the valve up. string, pliers, air, etc, etc.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Just a tip for those installing springs, you don't need an air compressor to keep the valve up. Just make sure it's at TDC on the cylinder you are working on. The valve will drop a little but you can still install the springs and keepers.

The euro tool works great and is the one to get without paying a crazy price to install springs.
I agree. I also do TDC for each cylinder but used the air as a back up (Im a little OCD sometimes lol). But the tool can compress the spring enough to install keepers if piston is all the way up.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts