Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Alright guys I'm new to k-series motors and I just wanted to make sure I've got all the info straight after reading this whole thread.... I have a k24a1 and ill be using the prelude oil cooler joint with the s2k oil cooler then using the a2 water pump (whole housing)... I'm I right???

· Registered
22 Posts
The coolant is in the water pump. A passage on one side of the pump allows oil to come in. Heat is exchanged in the water pump. Not in the sandwich plate.
This is absolutely not correct.

The value of these is consistent oil temps. You won't see any major difference with or with out unless your running a turbo or road racing. You will get a little bit longer oil life with these.

Personally I ran the Honda oil coolers on all the B-series I owned and will do the same on the K's

· Registered
302 Posts
This is absolutely not correct.

The value of these is consistent oil temps. You won't see any major difference with or with out unless your running a turbo or road racing. You will get a little bit longer oil life with these.

Personally I ran the Honda oil coolers on all the B-series I owned and will do the same on the K's
Ok then you're right. It's absolutely not correct. I think you need to check yourself. My statement was that heat is exchanged in the water pump and not in the sandwich plate. You mistook what I said.

· ...doesn't give a shit.
9,785 Posts
The coolant is in the water pump. A passage on one side of the pump allows oil to come in. Heat is exchanged in the water pump. Not in the sandwich plate.
Actually, the heat is exchanged in the sandwich plate. Coolant flows from the water pump, to the sandwich plate (heat exchanger) and then back into the block. The oil passes through the sandwich plate/oil cooler, into the filter, then back into the block. If you take off one of the lines from the sandwich plate/oil cooler, you will see that there is coolant in it, not oil.

Hope this clears everything up.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.