Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2006 TSX and the guy said he swapped the engine and did the K20 block with the K24 head. But he’s got no paper work and I’m trying to visually confirm that’s what happened. Is there any way for me to look down into the bay and see? I know they look super similar and I’m not the most familiar so I’m just trying to verify that’s what I have. TYIA

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,872 Posts
So I bought a 2006 TSX and the guy said he swapped the engine and did the K20 block with the K24 head. But he’s got no paper work and I’m trying to visually confirm that’s what happened. Is there any way for me to look down into the bay and see? I know they look super similar and I’m not the most familiar so I’m just trying to verify that’s what I have. TYIA
You can see the stamp on the head by the intake manifold. If it’s a good k20 head it will say PRB or RBC

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,872 Posts
Whoops I see now you said a k20 block and k24 head ? If so the head will say RBB for the 3 lobe 24 head and the block will say k20(a2,z1,a3,z3 ) on it to the right of the starter close by where it meets the bell housing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts