Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the coolant routing between the EG and RSX. I just want to confirm I've got this right...

So, with the K20 installed, the coolant should run from the driver side of the head to the passenger side opening with the valve which I believe is the inlet.

The outlet (driver side opening of heater core) should be routed to the hard metal tube that goes to the thermostat, right?

Anyway, I just want to know as I don't want to lose any of the luxuries my car has to offer. :)

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the confirmation. Now, I just got to find radiator hoses for the whole thing... Hope it's pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
That is a nice bracket but, when I do K swaps I don't even make a bracket. I just make the the first piece of hose to the valve the perfect length, use a zip tie to hold the cable on it, and the hose holds the valve in place when operating the valve. All of mine have worked perfectly. :up:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
That is a nice bracket but, when I do K swaps I don't even make a bracket. I just make the the first piece of hose to the valve the perfect length, use a zip tie to hold the cable on it, and the hose holds the valve in place when operating the valve. All of mine have worked perfectly. :up:
Exactly how I do it, works great.

-Froth

·
Registered
614 Posts
Can someone post a pic? :eek:
:up:

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anybody have the needed length of the hoses? Both are the same inner diameter, right?

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mine are gone... :( I think... Hmm. Maybe I better check.

·
Registered
788 Posts
i'm having an issue with my heater. The valve is functioning properly, i think, and the engine runs normal temp, but the heater never blows hot air.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i'm having an issue with my heater. The valve is functioning properly, i think, and the engine runs normal temp, but the heater never blows hot air.
Do you have any air bubbles in the system? If you leave the car running for about 20-30 min with the rad cap off you should be able to get all the air out if you have any in there. You may want to check your water to coolant mixture because that can effect the heat transfer through the system. Also make sure all the lines are connected correctly and that coolant is flowing in and out of the heater core. Make sure the valve is opening too. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
wow wish i wasnt in so much of a rush to do my swap lol

you should fab them up and sell them on here!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts