Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally completed my kswap. I have a 1999 honda civic lx with a Jdm K24a that has a ktuned header 3 inch straight pipe with an ebay muffler that has a cap to make it quite but its still loud. Whats the best affordable option I can do to make it more quiet. I was thinking of using a borla Muffler and a vibrant resonator but if y'all have any suggestions its highly appreciated. I knew that it will be loud from the beginning but it was all I could afford at the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The words 3" and straight pipe are not helping. I have a K24a2, 2.5" pipe, full cat, resonator and vibrant muffler. Still not silent but not obnoxious. The simplest fix would be to replace the eBay muffler with the biggest that will fit underneath Walker super turbo style muffler. Soaks up the drone. YouTube for sound clips.

Mak

·
Registered
13 Posts
I inherited an EP3 with k24a2 with JDM header/cat through to the standard EP3 cutback and I find it to be ideal.
Definitely bottlenecking absolute power (220hp/170tq 8 years ago dynoed with kpro), but all induction noise with the K&N Typhoon while cruising in near silence.
Perfect for me to "fly under the radar" unless WOT.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Use a 3" Vibrant ultra quiet resonator. Then 3"x2.5" reducer. Exit with 2.5" Vibrant black muffler. On street driven cars the gas cools down towards the end of exhaust so the 2.5" adds some gas velocity and reduces noise

1 - 5 of 5 Posts