Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had called honda and they told me that it would take 2 hrs for them to program the ecu to mate with the ignition...Is there a way to program all this without going through honda like a cheaper alternative? On top of this they will charge me to program the key which sucks...I have a k20Z3 in a eg

·
Registered
318 Posts
talk to a service tech and offer cash. If it's anything like ep3's and rsx's, programing the ecu to the keys and immobilizer takes only a few minutes, not sure what it is like in an eg. The dealership will look to rape you any way possible, hence stealership.

·
Premium Member
15,760 Posts
talk to a service tech and offer cash. If it's anything like ep3's and rsx's, programing the ecu to the keys and immobilizer takes only a few minutes, not sure what it is like in an eg. The dealership will look to rape you any way possible, hence stealership.
werd

·
Banned
700 Posts
your eg dosn't have an imobilizer so you can't program it, but if you ad an ignition from an em2 or rsx and some wiring then it's posible

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I will be adding an ignition from 06 civic si as i think it is required for this engine to work in an eg....
So what kind of service tech should I seek..i mean a honda one but you guys have any idea on how to find one's services?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
man i got one word for you , Kpro , lol.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Do you have the key, key cylinder, immobilizer and matching ecu from the k20z3. If this id the case and you are wiring it into your EG, there is no need to get reprogrammed.

What exactly do you have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the ignition and ecu do not match....well honda told me if they do not match that they will have to be mated and programmed.
Where is the key cylinder? does it come in the ignition?
I have one key but I think I will get another key as well..
Kpro...i don't know exactly what I can do with that but I heard it is good but it is too expensive for me right now.

·
Banned
700 Posts
i really don't think you can get the 06 si computer to work but i did wire a rsx computer with an rsx ignition and the immoblizer work in my budys em1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts