Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
yea i did that to.. i shortened it.. then when i needed to work on the car.. especially in the back side of the motor it wasnt propping it high enough.. that was my first problem... then wheni converted to the rbc manifild that presented with the 2nd problem where it kept rubbing on the manifold.. then eventually the welds broke on my shortened hood prop and i kept welding it again.. lol. nothing but headaches for me down the road..

then the ep3 route came up and i was like.. drill a hole for the prop... and cut a notch.. was done in less than an hout and no headaches since.. lol.. but to each one there own. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not worried about the hood not opening enough. If I need to access the rear of the engine, it doesn't take long to remove the hood all together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just got a quick question about this swap. i have a full donor car (03 rsx type s) some one ran into the back of me at a stop light and totaled out the car and was wondering if i get an EM2 what other stuff would i need to get for me to do this swap. i tried pulling up the link at the the beginning of this and it wouldnt load. is there another place where i can get that page to load?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just done a K20a swap from a DC5 into my EM2, and the link below gives you a list of everything you will need, and problems you will most likely run into.

We originally went with Xproductionz's write up (awesome by the way) but we found that it didn't mention a few important things. (we included a follow up listing to what you will also need.

Keep in mind though that not all engines include the same things, so this write up includes problems we encountered, and solutions to fix those problems.

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/79-advanced-engine-performance-swaps/347847-jdm-dc5-k20a-swap-into-2001-em2.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was reading on another set of posts on here that the dc5 sub frame and the em2 sub frame are inter changeable is this true? I noticed on your thread that you say to use an ep3 sub frame.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As far as I know the RSX and EM2 subframes are interchangeable yes. I did use the EP3 subframe as it was the easiest (and only available) subframe around local salvage yards. But either one will work just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Xproductionz did you ever get your site back up?
working on it now... apparently i didnt know there servers went down and my site was never restored.... so there in the process of restoring the site to another account and so forth. hopefully by the end of today.. **crossing fingers**

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh ok yea because I have 05 civic and I'm getting everything from an RSX but wasn't sure if it would fit. Will the seats, interior, or anything else fit into the my civic?

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
i do not know about the interior, the seats should be easy, you would need the frame from the rsx from bottom of the seat, the subframe will fit from rsx, you will need rsx non type s axles, and the rxs base model non automatic transmission radiator is direct fit, if you need anything els let me know, just send me a message

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks a lot I should be picking up the parts and everything next Friday when I do, If i have any trouble or questions ill let you know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok I'm getting the rsx tomorrow so I can swap everything this weekend so swap it I know I need the engine mounts? Which ones do you recommend? Do I need anything to convert my em2 to 5 lug and the rsx suspension? I'm new at this.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Ok I'm getting the rsx tomorrow so I can swap everything this weekend so swap it I know I need the engine mounts? Which ones do you recommend? Do I need anything to convert my em2 to 5 lug and the rsx suspension? I'm new at this.
i've had hasports and innovatives now, i like the innovatives personally. if you have the rsx to swap everything over then that's what you need. front knuckles, lca's, tie rods, rear knuckles, rear lca's, rear trailing arms. also need the booster/master cylinder and proportioning valve. you could also use the 99-00 civic si prop valve as well.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts