Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey does anybody know is it required that I get an rsx radiator or can I just use the stock rad or an aftermarket aluminum rad? thanks

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Hey does anybody know is it required that I get an rsx radiator or can I just use the stock rad or an aftermarket aluminum rad? thanks
from what Im understanding if you use the RSX rad requires the core support to be trimmed because its wider, the oem EM2 radiator has the water necks on the wrong side, an EP3 radator is bascially a direct fit that car.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
im using a koyo rsx-s radiator and no trimming was required.. i think the trimming they might be referring to is maybe the upper grill trim.. but nothing to the core support.. only time trimming was required was when u go to a rbc manifold.. that was pretty much it

·
Registered
11 Posts
im using a koyo rsx-s radiator and no trimming was required.. i think the trimming they might be referring to is maybe the upper grill trim.. but nothing to the core support.. only time trimming was required was when u go to a rbc manifold.. that was pretty much it
What rad fan are you using, because the EP3 rad and fan I got hits the rad support center vertical beam.

Here's proof.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Slim fan, would work. What about coolant reservoir? There doesn't seem to be a place to mount the EP3 reservoir in the EM2 engine bay. Is there a solution to this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Slim fan, would work. What about coolant reservoir? There doesn't seem to be a place to mount the EP3 reservoir in the EM2 engine bay. Is there a solution to this?
There seems to be quite a bit of room on the driver front side of the engine bay for a coolant resevoir. We're going to look into a DC2, EK, EG reservoir that'll fit the area.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Best you could use it the EG coolant reservoir mounted on the drivers side.

Also you can use a plastic bottle with the hose running in through the cap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update,

Made my O2 sensor harness. Just have to wire in the air fuel sensor relay and the O2 sensor wiring is done. We also finished up the exhaust. We bought an ITR center pipe. We cut the front of the ITR pipe (54mm OD) and bolted it to the cat. Then we lined up the EM2 Magnaflow catback (54mm ID) to where the cut on the ITR pipe was an left ourselves 3" of overlap. Then we slid the Magnaflow pipe over the cut ITR pipe and clamped it down. It's a good as new. We're going to get it welded later for a clampless clean finish.

All that's left to do now is: relocate the battery, bypass the immobilizer relay, recheck all front end and engine mount bolts, install hood, install bumper and FIRE IT UP!

P.S. anyone doing a K swap with PS will need hood struts or shorten the OEM hood prop because it hits the PS pump otherwise

·
Registered
11 Posts
Easy fix to that. We're going to cut and shorten the prop rod. Can't wait to start this beast up!
That's what I plan on doing too. Funny how this wasn't mentionned in the DIY's as well.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
for the hood prop just convert to the ep3 setup

as for exhaust.. theres to many variants on how you can do the setup.. you can mix and match and so forth.. you could use your stock em2 exhaust and modify it to match the rsx downpipe.... or you could buy a ep3 setup and do slight modificiation from there.. and it goes on and on

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
i just did my custom bottle and i git my off ebay for $30 shipped

i had the same catch can for a while but there was a slight problem with it... u need to drill a tiny hole on top cause it cant suck and/or push and excees coolant into that tank cause its sealed. think of it as sucking or blowing into a glass bottle... nothings going in or coming out

·
Registered
11 Posts
for the hood prop just convert to the ep3 setup

as for exhaust.. theres to many variants on how you can do the setup.. you can mix and match and so forth.. you could use your stock em2 exhaust and modify it to match the rsx downpipe.... or you could buy a ep3 setup and do slight modificiation from there.. and it goes on and on
I own an EP3 and I popped my hood to check that out. It turns out the EP3 hood prop mounts base mounts on the passenger side of the car. I would then have to notch the hood to make that work.

I think I'm going to shorten the EM2 one instead.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts