-explanation of k20 or k24 mounts
-more details on the o2 sensor wiring
-air conditioning installation
-shifter box comaprison
-and a little preface message

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
if you need stiffer mounts, you can send them to hasport and they will change out the rubber for free(under warrentee)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Great write up. Maybe I missed it but if I didnt the only thing left is a general time frame of the whole process. I know a lot of people want to know before doign a swap if its a full day thing or 3 day or what to expect.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
quick question.
-do you need to switch over the coolant sensor if using the rsx harness?
im assuming u didnt read the DIY?? :rolleyes: :p :silly: :D

u know u have to use the rsx harness regardless right?? u cant use ur original harness D17

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hey this is brian g from Hasport Performance. I was looking at the great article you wrote on the K-swap into the 01 Civic. I hadn't noticed it before, but there is some information that is causing come confusion with some of the people doing the swap.

In the article you state, " If later on down the road you want to upgrade to the k24 you will need to order the passenger mount only which lowers the engine more since the k24 is actually taller than the k20. HOWEVER, you can already order the k24 mount kit ahead of time and still use the same mount for the k20)"

I wonder if you could make some changes. It's true that you will need to get the K24 passenger side mount, but the new mount does not lower the motor. It remains the same height. What the new mount does is grab the two bolt holes in the head which are about 3/4" higher because of the taller K24 block. If you try to use the K24 mount on the K20, it will interfere with the VTC solenoid on the head, only one of three holes is in the right place. To use it would require quite a bit of machining to add the two top bolt holes and make clearance for the bolt heads and VTC.

If you try to use the two top holes and drill a new bottom hole then the mount will be too low and moved back, so the engine will sit crooked. In fact it will probably be very hard to mount the engine with twisted mounts.

Other than that, very nice article, great job.

Thanks,

brian g

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
i been getting alot of PMs lately about the damn a/c part numbers for the lines used form the EP3 :p

tough i aint giving it to u.. haha

anyways.. what u need if you dont want custom lines and want to use oem parts your gona need the following.

80325-S5T-A01 PIPE ASSY., AIR CONDITIONER (replaces the line coming out of your firewall)

80311-S5T-A01 HOSE, SUCTION (which makes the line wrap around the passneger side)

80315-S5T-E01 HOSE, DISCHARGE (goes from compressor to condenser)

or jus have a look here
http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_...ionID=3&SectionID=8&IllustrationGroupID=10234

i'll update the write-up in a bit

this is what the line will look like wen ur done.. see how it goes to the left and back just like the powersteering line

So how much is a/c worth to u??

brand new it comes out to

HOSE, SUCTION $82.51
HOSE, DISCHARGE $92.34
PIPE ASSY., AIR CONDITIONER $77.56

*To see shipping prices procced to checkout and create an account.
Sub-Total: $252.41

ur best bet would be a junkyard

·
Registered
72 Posts
You should do one anyway. I'd like to see your perspective on how to swap it. I have seen you car before and I;m sure your write up would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I'm sure you can make urs more detailed than mine.. Took me a few years to get mine done as none of the info was available back then as how to do the swap and how to wire ur own o2 sensor and so forth.. Then I was pissed about losing air con so I was determined to figure how to make it work.. Lol

anyways server should be back up and running in a day or two... Plus I will have a few more updates to the diy that touches more details on a few other things.. Let me know wat you want more details on and I will add to it

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
quick question. i have a bcrh that was hooked up to my k20a2 swap but now in the process of getting a k20/24 frank from nikos. the bcrh still fits and matches the ports on the block? thanks

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.