Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, So I finally started my K20a and since my TPS sensor was broke I bought an OMNI POWER TPS sensor for K serie... No I wonder if and how do I adjust the TPS sensor without the KPRO. I know that it may not be a perfect adjustement since I cannot read the sensor, but right now my idle is crazy at like 2800 rpm when car is warm. I looked around here and on crsx and everyone is telling '' go to paramater ''knock/tps'' section of the KPRO but I don't have it for the moment...

PS: I still have to connect my both O2 sensor on my exhaust line and I wonder if it could be what cause me the problem

Thank you everyone
JF

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
You either have to get k-pro, or spend $20 and buy a multimeter. Adjust wide open position first and lock the tb down. Then use the idle adjustment screw to adjust idle voltage. Should be about 0.49v @ idle, and 4.5v @ WOT.

Car does not have to be running, but ignition needs to be on to get 5v feed going to tps connector.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You either have to get k-pro, or spend $20 and buy a multimeter. Adjust wide open position first and lock the tb down. Then use the idle adjustment screw to adjust idle voltage. Should be about 0.49v @ idle, and 4.5v @ WOT.

Car does not have to be running, but ignition needs to be on to get 5v feed going to tps connector.
Hi, thank you very much for the fast reply. I do already have a multimeter, i'm a little bit sorry I did not completly catch the procedure. What I understand is that:
1-Push my gas pedal in full throttle position
2-Turn the car at ''ON''
3-''lock the throttle body down'' ?
4-Use the idle adjustment scew and I take the voltage from the TPS sensor wire and adjust it correctly
I would like to know if the idle adjustment screw is same as on a B series.
Sorry for my noobness and for my poor english
JF

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
More precise and easier to do it by removing the throttle body and turning the rotor by and. For example, if you have some slack in your throttle cable, it could cause you to calibrate it incorrectly.

Here is a simple write-up that I did on doing this for b/d series tps. The K should be the same procedure.

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f49/tps-voltage-239633/

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Hi, I cleaned my IACV and replaced TB+IACV gasket and my idle is almost perfect now, so I am very happy with that. however, when I adjust my TPS, if the idle= .49, at WOT it is 4.40v and not 4.50v. I don't know if it is going to affect performance(will it go full throttle when I floor the gaz pedal?)
Thanks
JF

·
The Professional
1,871 Posts
Originally Posted by ukinayo_dc5
"Hook up your laptop turn ignition key to ACC go to kmananger and under knock/tps on the bottom it will say "Scale TPS". To get the minimum reading just click on "READ" and it will automatically set it for you and as for the maximum you have to floor the gas pedal(WOT) and then click on read then save the changes and re upload the map."

Hope this helps. I haven't tried it yet but will soon. I still suggest just manually calibrating it with a multimeter as well. Even an amateur like myself should be able to do it. -Jeff

·
Registered
70 Posts
Originally Posted by ukinayo_dc5
"Hook up your laptop turn ignition key to ACC go to kmananger and under knock/tps on the bottom it will say "Scale TPS". To get the minimum reading just click on "READ" and it will automatically set it for you and as for the maximum you have to floor the gas pedal(WOT) and then click on read then save the changes and re upload the map."

Hope this helps. I haven't tried it yet but will soon. I still suggest just manually calibrating it with a multimeter as well. Even an amateur like myself should be able to do it. -Jeff
when i make the procedure like you say, on scale tps, the READ option won't light on,

what would happen?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts