Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE:::

thanks everyone i took it to a near by friend and he took care of it for me.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
take the pan back off and see if u can get the stud with a vice grip

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would just fix it. No point risking your motor blowing.
What did you use to tighten the bolt?
really, my motor could blow from that??

i used a socket ratchet. i guess i just went over and eventually it snapped.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I have worked on several motors that had one or two stripped oil pan bolts, including my own. As long as you use Hondabond and torque the rest to spec, there should be no issues.

·
Registered
616 Posts
u could use a bolt extracter kit, drill a pilot hole on the stud and then use the revirse bit that would fit in the hole and it should come out. if not just use the right amount of honda bond and bolt it back up and inspect for leaks, u wont blow ur motor up unless your that clueless to realize that your leaking oil and not fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the area that was snapped was fine after i filled the motor w/ oil, no leaks in that area. its funny that another area was leaking even it was torqued down. but i think its due to the fact that the pan was a bit bent so it wasn't even to bottom of the block, so i'll just put some more hondabond on it. i would eventually get that bolt out but i'm a full time student and have tons of school work to do. so right now i'm just gonna drain the oil, re-seal the oil pan, and have the bolt extracted out next time i do a oil change.

·
Registered
101 Posts
id hate to drive around with an iffy peace of mind for 3000 miles...might as well suck it up and attend to it now imo..g/luckk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts